Assistance with Villalba Marriage Records

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Assistance with Villalba Marriage Records

Post by malsbury »

So I have had the pre 1866 civil record microfilms transferred to my local Family History Museum.

I went through and scanned all the index pages so I could review them at home. I found the records that I wanted to go back for, but things are not working out as I planned.

At the end of each year is an index of marriages. So for 1843 I found that #18 was for the marriage of Mosca, Filippo & Pignato, Rosa. However, when I go to record #18 of that same volume it looks like it is a promise of marriage document for another couple. I have attached a scan of the index and the record so you can see what I mean. Should I be looking elsewhere for the actual record of marriage?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Thomas
Attachments
1843_18_1.pdf
1843 Record #18 Pg 1
(938.1 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
1843_Indx_2.pdf
1843 Index Pg 2
(973.42 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
1843_Indx_1.pdf
1843 Index Pg 1
(978.8 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Assistance with Villalba Marriage Records

Post by liviomoreno »

From the index you learn that Filippo and Rosa got married on Oct 22. This is what you have to search. Keep in mind that the record will show the marriage promise on the left column and the actual marriage on the right column.
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Assistance with Villalba Marriage Records

Post by malsbury »

Thanks for the tip.

All the other indexes I have used to date have been direct references.

Just reloaded the film and found the record.

-Thomas