Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
As the forum has been so helpful to me, I wanted to offer and share various records I have collected, hoping for family relation, but discovering none. Since I copied the records, I thought I would offer them to anyone who may coincidentally have use for them.
Please contact me if you are interested in any of the records listed below and I can scan and send to you directly. As I complete the scans, I can append the images to this message topic.
I hope this is useful to some researchers.
Regards,
Joe
-----
Based on my less than perfect translations and interpretations, I have the following records that I retrieved related to families from Borga di Gaeta. To the best of my recollection, I retrieved these from my local FHC, film "Registri dello stato civile di Borgo di Gaeta (Latina), 1809-1865". "Nati 1836-1839 (10 luglio)" (Film: 1169175) and "Matrimoni febbr. 1847-nov. 1855" (Film: 1173745)
1. Salvatore Esposito, 22, son of unknown and Antonia Sorrentino. To: Maria Rosa Valenta, daughter of Erasmo and Zinefardi(?) Ciaccio. 08/11/1850. 2. Vincenzo Salvatore Conaluto(?), 27, Son of Nicola and Angela Camelio. To: Giuseppia Magliozzi, 26, daughter of Giovanni Defonto and Marta Maria DiCecca. 02/10/1850(?) 3. Gaetano Miele, 23, son of Pietro Paolo, deceased and Giuseppa DiTucci. To: Maria Grazia Sperduto, 21, daughter of Antonio and Alessandranna DiTucci. 02/13/1848. 4. Filippantonio Catarina, 30, son of Domenico and Getsomina Miele. To: Maria Soreta DiPerna, 17,daughter of Nicola and Maria Teresa Polozzo. 11/28/1848. 5. Salvestro Camelio, 28, son of Erasmo and Nunziata Buttano. To: Maria Ginseppa Gallinardo, 21, daughter of Tobia, deceased, and Francesca DiBocio, deceased. 11/09/1848. 6. Cosmo Camelio, 23, son of Angelo and Alessandranna Simone. To: Maria Giuseppa DiVasta, 28, daughter of Macedo, deceased, and Francesca Leccesa. 10/01/1850. 7. Gaetano DiCecca (minore), 20, son of Erasmo, deceased, and Miariantonia Ciarro, deceased. To: Maria Stella Viola, 23, daughter of Marciano and Maddalena Mitrano, deceased. 01/15/1851. 8. Antonio DiCecca, 29, son of Erasmo, deceased, and Miariantonia Ciarro. To: Fatal Rosa Viola, 25, daughter of Marciano and Maddalena Mitrano, deceased. 04/29/1847.
Above are brothers marrying sisters! 9. Gatano DiNotto, 37, son of Salvadore, deceased, and Reginia Viola. To: Maria DiFazio, 21, daughter of Salvadore and Eugenia DiPirro. 11/19/1848. 10. Erasmo Sorrentino, 28, son of Domenico and Fata Buamo. To: Maria Gaetano DiRusso, 21, daughter of Diago, deceased, and Marianna Aquino. 05/08/1848. 11. Pietro Roario DiTucci, 30, son of Vincenzo, deceased, and Maria DiBiagio, deceased. To: Maria Parone, 29, daughter of Giuseppi, deceased, and Guiseppa DiCiaccio. 08/24/1847. 12. Pasquale Colaruotolo, 25, son of Giacomo, deceased, and Anna Maria Maglio. To: Maria Grazia Camelio, 20, daughter of Filippo and Alessandra Macera. 01/19/1851. 13. Vincenzo Traniello, 23(?), son of Erasmo, deceased, and Alessandrana Perrone. To: Maria Concetta DiVelli, 26, daughter of Casino, deceased, and Fata Rosa Buonomo, deceased. 11/28/1852. 14. Luigi Traniello, 20, son of Antonio and Maria dell’Ova, deceased. To: Giovanna dell’Anno, 24, daughter of Montano, deceased, and Rosa Granatta. 09/02/1851. 15. Vincenzo Gaetano Montango, 30, son of Giuseppi, deceased, and Felicia Pasiello. To: Ciuta Traniello, daughter of Antonio and Maria dell’Ova, deceased. 10/31/1850. 16. Francescantanio Traniello, 24, son of Salvatore and Speranga Simone. To: Maria Grazia Romano, 19, daughter of Luca and Marianna Serivco. 12/05/1848. 17. Gaetano Traniello, 22, son of Salvatore and Speranga Simone. To: Erasma Piccolo, 23, daughter of Nicola amd Giuseppa Mitrano. 10/08/1850.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
I have scanned these records and have them available online via an online web album. Here is the link (using a url shortener), http://goo.gl/Br7s4.
I hope some find these files helpful.
Please let me know if you have any Gaeta connections to Traniello, diPerna, Camelio, Viola, DiTucci, Sabbatino, Sorrentino or DeVellis. I would enjoy comparing information and determining if there might be a connection.
Regards,
Joe
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
My brother and I have been working on our family tree the last few years, and have come to dead end as we begin our search for family in Italy. My great-grandfather was Cosmo Camelio born in Gaeta. He came to the states at age 20. He returned to Italy, I assume to marry, and returned again to the states at age 23. His wife's name was Maria Albano. I thought they mp might have ties to the Cosmo Camelio you have information on. I also notice that he married someone named Maria as well. Probably more common than I think. If you have any information, I would love it. Thank for this info....
Sorry. Unfortunately, my Camelio connections are mostly a mystery as well. Furthest connection is to 4GGP, Pasquale Camelio and Loreta Valeta (estimated births ~1785.)
Camelio seems a relatively common surname from the area too.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
I tried you link and it said not available.
Possibly was interested in this marriage:
2. Vincenzo Salvatore Conaluto(?), 27, Son of Nicola and Angela Camelio. To: Giuseppia Magliozzi, 26, daughter of Giovanni Defonto and Marta Maria DiCecca. 02/10/1850(?)
I have been working on my genealogy lately with a lot of leads with relation to my Traniello / Simeone / Scipione and Lagorio lines here in MA and would like to learn more. I know that Traniello, Simeone and Scipione are originating in Gaeta, Lazio region and Lagorio is from Genoa, Liguria region of Italy. I would like to learn more of the sites I should look into to learn more about the records available in Italy to research the lines further. Many of the names mentioned in this thread have been found within my family tree which is intriguing and I would like to learn more if others are interested in sharing and researching with me.
The older generations who lived in southern Italy certainly remember the sound of the bells or the siren that occurred at various times of the day. Life was marked by simple and repetitive gestures: work, the relationship with nature, sharing with the family and the people of the small villages. Now...