Marriage Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage Record Translation

Post by vspeciale66 »

I have found another marriage record for my family. Would some one be willing to translate this one also? It is located on the top left.

Can you also tell me if the witness who is a possidente (landowner) is the owner of the land on which Maria and Domenico were laborers? Was it a custom to have your Employer or landowner as a witness if you could not read or write?

I appreciate all help!
Maria Teresa d. of Peter Marriage to domenico.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Post by liviomoreno »

2 Oct 1890
Groom: Domenico Elia, 26yo, day labourer, born in Calvi Risorta, son of deceased Bernardo and living Angela Maria Santillo
Bride: Maria Teresa Gatto, aged 18, day labourer, born in Calvi Risorta, daughter of Michele abd Filomena Stellato
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you so much. Can you tell me if the witness who is a possidente is the owner of the land that Maria and Domenico were laborers on?

thank you

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Witnesses: Alessandro delle Fave, clerk at the town hall and Tiziano Maruca Property Owner.

There's no clue about any work relationship with the spouses
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you!