Pasquale "Patsy" Angelicola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Pasquale "Patsy" Angelicola

Post by DanceDiva234 »

Hi, I am new to the forum. :)

I am just beginning genealogy regarding my maternal great grandfather. I know he was:

1. Born January 1, 1891
2. Died March 1, 1964
3. His wife was Catherine "Katie" Datellis and married at 21
5. He had 9 children (his last child is still living- she is my maternal grandmother whose name is Ann Theresa Angelicola Messineo)
4. He may or may not be related to Lucia Angelicola from Connecticut
5. He arrived from Naples, Italy to live in Kings, NY

So the main question is Pasquale of relation to any of those in Connecticut and if so why do his records not show him immigrating with them? Who are his parents and siblings are my main game in figuring out. Any help regarding the Angelicola surname is greatly appreciated.
Family names: D'Attellis, Angelicola, Iarezza, Messineo, La Monica, Spero, Angelini
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Pasquale "Patsy" Angelicola

Post by Anizio »

Michael Angelicola, born in Celenza, Foggia, Italy, Feb. 17 1889, lived in New Haven Connecticut.

I'd start my search for your great grandfather's birth record in Celenza.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Apparently your great grandfather lived in Queens, worked in Kings

Unfortunately it does not say where he was born, only the Province and Region, but at least you know to search in the province of Foggia. I still suggest Celenza first. Failing that try Torremaggiore, or the city of Foggia itself. But the name is very uncommon in Italy, VERY uncommon, so much so that it is certain that Celenza is its origin.

I suggest writing to Celenza, in Italian, and requesting his birth certificate (una copia integrale dell'atto di nascita) from which you will learn his parents names.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DanceDiva234 »

Thank you so much for the replies so far! Wow, I've never seen that document before. That would make sense if he worked in Kings, NY. The house in Queens is still in the family, but I didn't think they moved their until later on. I'll try to get farther into it especially to find the birth certificate.
Family names: D'Attellis, Angelicola, Iarezza, Messineo, La Monica, Spero, Angelini