Need help translating message

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Liberati
Rookie
Rookie

Need help translating message

Post by Liberati »

I just got this response after requesting information about one of my distant relatives (Francesco Gulfo) from the appropriate provincial archive in Italy. Would someone please translate? Thanks!

OGGETTO: Richiestali ste di levad i FrancescoG ulfo.
Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta dell'lll02l20l5, protocollata in pari data al n.
408128.34.0712s1i ,c omunicac he questoU fficio conservag li atti dello StatoC ivile di Matera
e comunid ellap rovinciad al 18 09 al 1900e le listed i levad al 18 42a I 1933.
Dalla ricercas voltas ullel iste di leva è statot rovatoi l nominativod i FrancescoG ulfo
natoa Colobraroil 301051191d9a VincenzoR osarioe DragonettRi osaM aria.
Si informa,i noltre,c he al momento,i l serviziod i fotoriproduzioneè sospesop, er cui
nol u possibile effettuare copia dei documenti rinvenuti
Interested in the surnames Liberati, Altiero, and Gulfo. Also interested in Italy during World War II.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating message

Post by liviomoreno »

They say they found in the Liste di Leva registers a Francesco Gulfo, born in Colobraro on may 30 1919 to Vincenzo Rosario and to Rosamaria Dragonetti. They also say that, as of now, their photo-reproduction services are suspended therefore they cannot send you a copy of the document.

I'm not 100% sure about the birth date and place, because your (OCR?) transcription, is not accurate. Could you please post the original letter?
Liberati
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Liberati »

Sure thing. Do you want to see the original message I sent to them? Also, would the father's full name have Vincenzo Rosario Gulfo or was Rosario his last name?
Interested in the surnames Liberati, Altiero, and Gulfo. Also interested in Italy during World War II.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You should post the letter you received.