Navarro family Trabia Palermo Sicily

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
gnavidi

Navarro family Trabia Palermo Sicily

Post by gnavidi »

I am looking for information on my great great great grandmother and her family. Madeline Bruscemi (Maddalena) was born on May 13, 1878 in Lascari, Sicily. Her father was Francesco Bruscemi and her mother was Teresa Di Leonardo Bruscemi. Can anyone help me find any records for the Bruscemi and Di Leonardo families. I am really looking for information on Maddalena Navarro. Word in the family is that the navarro family was originally from Spain.

More information:
Maddalena Navarro married Cologero Di Leonardo. Cologero was born in Lascari and died in Trabia. I believe that Maddalena was from the Navarro family in Trabia, but haven't been able to find her records. Cologero was born in 1826ish.
Francesco Bruscemi married Teresa Di Leonardo. They had 5 children:
• Gaetano Bruscemi who married Giuseppina Seria
• Maria Bruscemi who married Pietro Corsello
• Maddalena Bruscemi who married Francesco Roviglia (Rovilea) (my great grandfather)
o Maddalena Bruscemi Roviglia
• Lived in Campofelice in the Province of Palermo after marriage
• received a passport in Cefalu on Dec. 30, 1904
• Arrived in New York on Jan 20, 1905 on the ship Konig Albert with first born daughter Luisa Roviglia (b. July 18, 1903)
• Salvatore Bruscemi who married Rosa Cesare
• Francesco Bruscemi who married Guiseppina Verca

The Rovileas settled in the Pittsburgh area