Ottolino, Marianna - marriage translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
montanajj2002

Ottolino, Marianna - marriage translation

Post by montanajj2002 »

Could someone please go to Family Search, (Italian) Bari, Triggiano, go to Matrimoni 1912; Image 26 , for Marianna OTTOLINO and tell me what this document says... marriage date, who married, parents names, ages, etc.., please. She is in an Ottolino family I was working on a while ago.

This couple is also in "Pubblicazioni 1912, Bari, Triggiano" Image 26, Left # 51, and does this have any important information, please?

Another quick question: Is "morti" death? and what is "vari"?

Thanks so much for any help on this topic!
Janice
dmt1955
Master
Master

Re: Ottolino, Marianna - marriage translation

Post by dmt1955 »

janice
can you post the link, please

thanks
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

Soor, I do not know how to convert it to be able to send -- I will have to try and get someone over to help me-
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Welcome back Janice :D

Here is a basic translation of the Act:

Marriage Act No 47: Michele D'Argento and Marianna Ottolino

13 April 1912, 11.55 am, Triggiano
Before the official appeared:

Michele D'Argento, 34, farmer, born and residing Triggiano, single, son of Vito, farmer, residing Triggiano, and son of deceased Carmela Tutone, who resided in Triggiano when alive.

Marianna Ottolino, 23, housewife, born and residing Triggiano, single, daughter of Michelangelo, residing Triggiano, and daughter of Costantina Ditrani, residing in Trigiano.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Welcome back Janice :D

Here is a basic translation of the Act:

Marriage Act No 47: Michele D'Argento and Marianna Ottolino

13 April 1912, 11.55 am, Triggiano
Before the official appeared:

Michele D'Argento, 34, farmer, born and residing Triggiano, single, son of Vito, farmer, residing Triggiano, and son of deceased Carmela Tatone, who resided in Triggiano when alive.

Marianna Ottolino, 23, housewife, born and residing Triggiano, single, daughter of Michelangelo, residing Triggiano, and daughter of Costantina Ditrani, residing in Trigiano.

Angela
I've corrected a typo in Carmela's surname: Tatone

Heres are the marriage banns: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015683201

Janice, apart from the surname Ottolino, I'm not exactly convinced that this Marianna Ottolino is part of the family you are researching. I don't recall a Michelangelo nor a Costantina Ditrani. You may have information that I am not aware of though :)

Angela
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

Hi Angela... You are right, not the Marianna I was after, as her father would be Vencenzo and mom Elena... Thanks for help!
Regards, Janice
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

montanajj2002 wrote:Hi Angela... You are right, not the Marianna I was after, as her father would be Vencenzo and mom Elena... Thanks for help!
Regards, Janice
You are welcome Janice. Yes, I thought that it was probably Vincenzo and Elena's daughter Marianna that you were wanting. Which years have you looked at so far?
Angela
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

OH, various years, but going to skip anymore.. just got off phone with my galfriend, and told her we are going with what we got for the Ottolino book.... I think I was more or less playing around on Family search, and do like to try and learn things, and then discover that the books had indexes in back of that certain year, so had just been "looking"!! You had found the births of the most of those children, so will just go with that,.. and thanks so much again for all your help!! You take good care! Jankice
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome Janice. You take good care too :)

(I've just sent you a message with some added info.)
Angela
montanajj2002

Post by montanajj2002 »

Movie was great! and I got to see the records... figured it out..., so wonderful knowing how tall, etc.. Constantino stayed here in MT at least 3 years, as he was at his brother, Vito Michele's wedding in 1916, and have pictures of him in the wedding group!! So, very exciting, and thanks so much!! (I have worked on this family so hard, as well as you too, so think we can claim a bit of Italian heritage - hah!) Take real good care, and Bless you-
Janice Johnson in MT
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Fantastic! I thought you'd appreciate viewing the film – I found it very heavy when I saw it. I'm pleased you were able to bring up the extra information I sent as well. It is always great having those extra details. All the best with the book – I'm sure you would have poured many hours into this - what a wondeful achievement. (Yes, you deserve the title of Honorary Italian :wink: ) God bless you and I hope you have a Happy Easter. (Swing by again if we can be of any help in the future or if you would just like to offer some more updates.)
Angela :D