Domenica Papania

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kgp70282
Veteran
Veteran

Domenica Papania

Post by kgp70282 »

I am trying to find a death record for her I just found out she died in Baltimore on April 28, 1927 any assistance would be awesome and appreciated :)
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Domenica Papania

Post by Robin B Mc »

How did you find the date? I can't find anyone who died on that day listed in the Baltimore, Maryland, Deaths and Burials Index, 1877-1992 collection on Ancestry.com - but I don't know how complete the index is.

There is a good guide to Maryland Death Record at FamilySearch, though some of the links are outdated: http://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/M ... rds:_Death

Looks like a 1927 death record would be at the State Archives: http://guide.mdsa.net/viewer.cfm?page=death - there is info on there about how to order from them.
kgp70282
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kgp70282 »

are there any ancestors of Domenica Antonia Papania (Maiden name Piraino) and Salvadore Onofrio Papania
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

kgp70282 wrote:are there any ancestors of Domenica Antonia Papania (Maiden name Piraino) and Salvadore Onofrio Papania
In the Baltimore, Maryland Death Index on Ancestry.com? I don't know since the index doesn't provide that information. At the most, it really only lists the name of the deceased, the death date/location, age at death, and burial date/location. There's no info on who they are related to. However, when I put Papania into the last name search field, I get no results at all.

Do you know anymore about about them? Like approximately when they were born? Do you know where in Italy they came from? The more info you have and provide, the more people might be able to help you.

Edit to add: I found another post you'd made about Domenica saying she was born in Termini in 1835. The online records for Termini only go back to 1862 but they are available back to 1820 on microfilm: https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
VotM
Elite
Elite

Post by VotM »

Robin B Mc wrote:In the Baltimore, Maryland Death Index on Ancestry.com? I don't know since the index doesn't provide that information.
Bew forewarned: the Maryland State Archives (BALTIMORE CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT BUREAU OF VITAL STATISTICS (Death Record, Index) 1875-1972) are not entirely complete. The main page on death records notes, "Although the State Board of Health began regulating death registration for the 23 counties in 1898, Baltimore City continued to maintain its own records until 1972. At some point the city microfilmed the death certificates, and unfortunately the original certificates for the years 1875 to 1949 were destroyed after the microfilming. The only extant copies of these certificates are now the microfilm copies."

Apparently some records never made it to microfilm. I have an aunt who died giving birth in Baltimore City in 1925; the child's birth is in the birth index but her death is not in the death index. Other records may also be missing.
kgp70282
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kgp70282 »

Thank you so much! I have a number to get her record my cousin found it for me
kgp70282
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kgp70282 »

Thank you so much! I have a number to get her record my cousin found it for me
kgp70282
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kgp70282 »

Hey just found a date of marriagefor her and Salvatore Onofrio Papania its January 25, 1852 would there be a record?
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

Where did they marry?
kgp70282
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kgp70282 »

Probably termini Imerse
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

The online records for Termini Imerese don't go back as far as 1852 so you would have to either write to the town for a copy of it or order the microfilm for marriages 1851-1853: https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

The marriage record should provide her parent's names.