Lazio Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CarolF5

Lazio Records

Post by CarolF5 »

Greetings,

While I have been in touch with my husband's father's family in Italy I wish I wouldn't have to keep asking him questions. I wish I could find these things out myself. Other countries have a place online that you can go for finding out the info on birthdate, death dates, wedding dates, etc. I cannot find any for Italy.

His father's family is from the Rieti, Lazio area.

His father was: Benito Antonio Ianni Ficorilli-twin brother to Vittorio Ianni Ficorilli-both of whom I have info for. Their father was Luigi Ianni Ficorilli born 27 May 1903 in Rieti. He passed away on 6 April 1968 in Rieti and was buried in Provincia diForli, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. He was married to Anna Maria Domenica Ciccalotti who was born 8 July 1906 (my husband says that she was born in Greece and Luigi brought her to his place in Italy to stay with him) She passed away on 20 July 1984 and was buried next to her husband. My husband really loved his Grandparents a lot.
Luigi's children- Guiseppa Ianni Ficorilli-born sometime in 1928 in Rieti-she married a Angelo Bianchetti and they had two children that passed away at an early age.
Then- Benito Antonio Ianni Ficorilli-born 9 Feb 1931 in Rieti. He was a twin.(My husband's father) He went to England and married Emily Boyd Currie Mathieson-who is from Scotland. They married in Blackpool, UK on 12 Nov 1958 and had two sons-William Louis Ianni Ficorilli (my husband) and Victor Joseph Ianni (he lives in England).
Benito Antonio Ianni Ficorilli passed away on 11 Nov 1996 in Blackburn, UK.
His twin brother Vittorio passed away on 1 July 2007 in the Poggio, Fidoni area of Rieti.
There are a few other children of Luigi's which I would like to find out further info on-I have some basic info.

I will close as I have already written a book here-but, I would like to find out further info on the family-hopefully an online source so I can do it myself.
It is the Ianni Ficorilli family from the Rieti area.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you,

Carol
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Lazio Records

Post by Italysearcher »

Well, there is nothing on line but in the UK you can go to a Family History Centre (run by the Mormon Church) and order microfilms and search them yourself. All records are in Italian and often handwritten.
Here is the link for the films available.https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Translations and tips on searching can be found on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
CarolF5

Post by CarolF5 »

We live in Albany, NY cannot go to the UK. I already tried the LDS-Family Search and I am on Ancestry.com.

Tried writing in Italian via my translator to Rieti for some info and included a copy of my husband's driver license and his father's death certificate and still nothing and that was years ago-should have already gotten something.

Carol
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The Mormons have Family History Centres all over the world including the USA: Don't use their search engines, the records they have are supplied by others who have done the search. Go to the centre, 411 Loudon Road LOUDONVILLE, NEW YORK 12211-1722 UNITED STATES

+1 518-463-2566 order the films and search them at the centre. Some libraries in the USA can order the films too I believe. You may not be getting a response from Rieti for several reasons. Maybe their copy of the records were destroyed in WW2, or by fire or earthquake.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Or you might have success if you write to the State Archive instead of the town. Perhaps Italysearcher or one of our other Italian members can provide an address for that?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI RIETI

If you decide to go this route I suggest you email the archives with your request. If they do like Caserta, they will do the search, then tell you how much money to send and how to send it. The Archives in Caserta want a 'bonifico' direct to the Director which I have to do via the Post Office. I don't know what Rieti will ask. They don't seem to have heard of Paypal even the Bonifico at the Post Office costs me more than the amount they are requesting.

Archivio di Stato di Rieti

Responsabile: dott. Roberto LORENZETTI
Città: Rieti
Indirizzo: Via Ludovico Canali 9
CAP: 02100
Provincia: RI
Regione: Lazio
Telefono: 0746204297
Fax: 0746481991
E-mail: as-ri@beniculturali.it
Sito web: http://www.asrieti.it/
Ann Tatangelo
CarolF5

Post by CarolF5 »

Would I email them in Italian (which I don't know) or do they know English?
Carol
Thank you for the info and directions.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

You would need to write in Italian. There are some generic on line letter generators available that might help. Have a look through

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/genealo ... -index.asp
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
remigio

Post by remigio »

My name is Remigio. I know that Victor lives in Whalley 5 Crescent. The Rieti land and the Benito's house were sold some years ago. I haven't any contacts with him, but I saw him driving an luxury camper few days ago.

Remigio
remigio

Post by remigio »

Hi William and Carolle

I'm a William's cousin living in Rieti. We have lost all the contacts with William since 2009, the Benito's land was sold and Victor received the cheque for the Whole sum. All the family wrote many e- mails to William but he didn't answer. I think that William moved in somewhere in USA and probably he lost our contacts. Please reply to this message writing your andresse and e - mail.

Remigio Sabatino
danielerieti

Post by danielerieti »

Hi Remigio,
I'm Daniele from Rieti. I'm the nephew of the twin brother of Benito. I lived in Rieti until January, and now I'm living in the north of England.
If you are the cousin of William, we are relatives. Indeed you should be the cousin of my mother, as well. I would like to unterdstand who are you, but I dont' know you. Can you explain to me how are you relative with William and Victor (and with me, I suppose)
I'm the only who is in touch with Carol and William and I have their email.

Ciao Remigio,
io sono Daniele e vengo da Rieti. Io sono il nipote del fratello gemello di Benito. Io ho vissuto a Rieti fino a poco tempo fa e ora mi trovo per lavoro nel nord dell'Inghilterra.
Ho provato a chiedere ai miei partenti a Rieti, ma nessuno ti conosce. Ho cercato delle informazione, anche attraverso l'elenco telefonico, ma non ti ho trovato. Ma piacerebbe sapere chi sei e come si cugino di William. Penso che se tu sei un cugino di William sei anche imparentato con me, in quanto mia madre è cugina di primo grado con William. Puoi darmi altre informazioni?
Io sono l'unico che fin dal 2012 è in contatto con Carol e William. Poi volevo sapere se sei sicuro dell'indirizzo di Victor?
Grazie, spero in una tua risposta.

Daniele
CarolF5

Post by CarolF5 »

To: Remigio Sabatino;

Just read your reply and I will say that Victor never did try to get ahold of his brother, William. We waited before we moved north and nothing. We tried to get a hold of him-but nothing.
We just tried again and this time maybe we will hear something.

About the land in Rieti and about pictures of William's mother from the album.

Email me at NorthernLights77@live.com
Carol