Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo films

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie

Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo films

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

Has anyone researched the Family Search microfilms for Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo, Avellino??

I ordered one and it was very blurry. I did adjust the focus on the machine but still impossible read. :( :cry:

I don't want to pay to order more films I can't read. Anyone research these films? I wonder if I got ''bad'' one or if they are all like that for Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo.

I did not have this problem with the other films I ordered.
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo films

Post by rjmichaels »

Honestly, it depends on the film. If you notice, the beginning and end of each section includes the date and the name of the person who microfilmed it. I would check another film or two for the town. If they're just as blurry, then probably the same sloppy filmer was doing it, which is a shame. I've come across some that're a little blurry but they've always been legible to some degree. Post an example of the blurriness. If it is unacceptable blurriness (which I presume it to be from your post), then LDS needs contacted ASAP. You need to see what you are able to read; the micofilms are just copies from the provincial records, which were duplicates of the local records. All in all, nothing is lost, sans a little bit of your time. If the microfilm is illegible, you will need a researcher to conduct the search, as written requests to the comunes oftentimes go unanswered or take forever. However, if this is something that happened on several microfilms, LDS must be made aware.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo films

Post by adelfio »

Ask them to reorder show them how the film is blurry and ask them to take a look at other films to see if they are the same condition
https://familysearch.org/ask/help#sendMessage
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty