Martone, Michele Arcangelo Death #35

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Martone, Michele Arcangelo Death #35

Post by dmurphy1940 »

for a translation please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954410301

I appreciate everyone's help! I am trying to "master" the birth records, and yet to tackle the death and marriages.
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Martone, Michele Arcangelo Death #35

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death No 35: Michele Arcangelo Martone
Record dated: 21 June 1882, 11.15 am, Frigento
Marciano Di Leo, 50 and Giuseppe Cipriano, 41, both peasant farmers living Frigento reported:
At 5.10 am today (oggi) at Contrada Chiocca Frascone, No 1, Michele Arcangelo Martone died. He was 15 months, born and residing Frigento, son of Carmine and Maria Giuseppa Cipriano, both peasant farmers, living Frigento. It says Marciano was Celibe (not married).
Witnesses:
Camillo Assanti, 44, possidente and Vito Capobianco, 35, possidente both living Frigento.
Angela:-)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Dolores
I've been trying to find a marked copy of a death record to help you with your translations. You are doing great with the birth records and I'm sure you will soon master the death and marriage records as well. I came across the following which might help you with the death records:

"General" translation of a death act:

Number Act number___

The year ____, the day __ of ____ month to hours _____ and minutes __ in the Town Hall . In my presence _____Name_______ and civil records officer of ________Comune name_______, it is appeared _____Name__________ of age __, ____profession_______ domicile in ________, and _________(name) of the age ____ profession_______ who both declare to me, that in the house located in __________ (address) died __________(deceased) of the age of ______, ________ (profession) resident of ______________ born in ________________ of ________________(father's name), home in __________ and of ________________(mother's name), home in ______________________ (wife or husband of if applicable)________________.

In this act (document) were present as witnesses _________________(name), of the age______, _____________(profession) and _______________(name), of the age ____, ______________(profession). resident in this town. Read this document to all participants intervened, _______________________________________________________. ______________(signature of official)

Someone else might have something better.
Angela:-)
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

That looks good, Angela. I will try my hand at one of them, but not the old ones that I have posted recently, I can't read them............:)

I would like to find a template such as yours, with the Italian, and the English translation of the words underneath the written Italian. (I have one for the birth records, and I wish I could thank the person who sent it to me a while ago, it may have been Pippo or Marcello?)
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Angela, did you mean to say that Michele Arcangelo (not Marciano) was celibe?
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Whoops! Oh yes, I meant to say that the deceased Michele Arcangelo Martone, was Celibe (unmarried). Good spotting Dolores. My brain was engaged on other matters earlier.
Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

:)
Grazie,

Dolores