Need help finding my ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GeoAnn6

Need help finding my ancestors

Post by GeoAnn6 »

My maiden name is Del Galdo.....I have been trying to find my family tree. Both grandparents (on my father's side) were born in Italy. I was told from a cousin that he thought we were having difficulty because Del Galdo, means "Of Galdo", that they were from Galdo, Italy. I was wondering if anyone had anything similar to this and if anyone has any thoughts on how I can find my grandparents records. I know their first names, date of birth, but I do not know if my grandfather's last name was DelGaldo or if he was just born in Galdo. Both of my parents have passed away, and most of my parent's siblings have passed. My father was one of 11 and now they are all gone. I am a member of Ancestry.com, but to be honest I haven't made much progress. Again, I'm thinking it had something to do with not really knowing his last name...is that possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you!!!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help finding my ancestors

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website can you give some names and dates and where they settled in the USA

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Marianne D
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Need help finding my ancestors

Post by Marianne D »

My father was from San Bartolomeo in Galdo, Benevento, Campania --- don't know if there is a Galdo connection!
Marianne De Palma