Giorgio Marino Translate please and thank you

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Giorgio Marino Translate please and thank you

Post by stokkster1 »

I found what I believe is my Great Grandfathers Birth Record Could some one please take a look at it and tell me when exactly her was born I think it says Sept 30 1887 But how old was his parents? I can not read much of this except some of the dates

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352218601
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Giorgio Marino Translate please and thank you

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Date of Record: 30 September 1887, 10.40 am
Paolo Marino, 35, borgese (middle class – small land owner), living in this town, reported that at 3.30 am today (oggi) of the current months (September) at a house in Via Nuova, no number given, reported that Filippa Napoli, 36 yo, his wife living with him, gave birth to a male who presented and gave the name Giorgio.
Angela :)
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Date of Record: 30 September 1887, 10.40 am
Paolo Marino, 35, borgese (middle class – small land owner), living in this town, reported that at 3.30 am today (oggi) of the current months (September) at a house in Via Nuova, no number given, reported that Filippa Napoli, 36 yo, his wife living with him, gave birth to a male who presented and gave the name Giorgio.
Thank you so Much, I am trying to learn the basics of the language, as both my husband and I have Italian roots. Your wonderful.

Grazie, Debbie
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome, any time :D

When you have a minute, you might find the following helpful: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/italian ... extraction I have found it a really helpful resource. Usually reading the script is the main challenge for us all, but if you slowly build up Italian vocabulary, specific to the vital records, things fall in to place. Although, saying this, there are always unfamiliar words that pop up from time to time that surprise us all! It is great to have a forum such as this for help and backup.