Cassan Families

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Harleycassan

Cassan Families

Post by Harleycassan »

I am looking for others who are interested in sharing Cassan Family information. At present I am interested in Peter Cassan's home and History in Northern Italy (Yugoslavia) The community's name is Chievolez and Peter Cassan was born there in 1906 and died in Southern California in 1996 Http://Cassanworld.ca/ a work in progress Look forward to hearing from all
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Cassan Families

Post by ricbru »

Harleycassan wrote:I am looking for others who are interested in sharing Cassan Family information. At present I am interested in Peter Cassan's home and History in Northern Italy (Yugoslavia) The community's name is Chievolez and Peter Cassan was born there in 1906 and died in Southern California in 1996 Http://Cassanworld.ca/ a work in progress Look forward to hearing from all
This is his SSDN

PETER CASSAN 08 Nov 1906 21 Jul 1996 (V) 91770 (Rosemead, Los Angeles, CA) (none specified) 039-05-5590 Rhode Island

You can request the entire copy of his SSDN, or the naturalization record (if any) and see better about his place of birth.
If you write Chievolaz on "Google", nothing comes up, :roll:
bye Riccardo :lol:
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Maybe...

Chievolis

Regione: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Provincia: Pordenone

Could be him?.... year of birth is a match, town is a close match... surname... not too sure...

First Name: Pietro
Last Name: Cafsane
Ethnicity: Italian, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Chievoli, Italy
Date of Arrival: Nov 29, 1920
Age at Arrival: 14y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Lapland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0011

Please take a look at lines 2 - 4....

This Pietro travels with his mother Luigia Mongiat (a widow) ,mentioned on line 2...

Pietro's name on line 3, sister Mary on line 4 was crossed off and replaced on line 11, 12

Uncle in Italy is D. Mongiat - Tramonti di Sopra, Italy

They would be joining Luigia's brother D. Mongiat in Milford, Mass.

page 1

page 2

City of Tramonti di Sopra: Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region - Italy.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/093/045/index.html

Hope this sheds some light...

mfjp
Harleycassan

Post by Harleycassan »

Hello I am awaiting a reply from a Distant Cousin to the responses given. In my eyes everything is close but yet it seems so different. I think it is a match but will wait and see if this Cousin can bettter understand the information
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Harleycassan wrote:Hello I am awaiting a reply from a Distant Cousin to the responses given. In my eyes everything is close but yet it seems so different. I think it is a match but will wait and see if this Cousin can bettter understand the information
Hi Harley,

Just curious.. what seems so different?

mfjp :P
Harleycassan

Post by Harleycassan »

Hello The reality is that I am not all too familiar with Peter Cassan's Family History. But the Distant Cousin I mentioned is Peter's Daughter. I am awaiting a response from her But from what I know it all seems correct. I have sent her the link to this site and she may respond directly or maybe to me.
My Family is actually French / Irish / Canadian. I am building a site to try to link all Cassans and share Histories. So I am actually researching all I can find about the Cassans. The site is in its infancy but with help like you and others have given -- it will soon be something worthwhile to those interested in their History within this Family Thanks
Harley Cassan
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

mfjp wrote:Maybe...

Chievolis

Regione: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Provincia: Pordenone

Could be him?.... year of birth is a match, town is a close match... surname... not too sure...

First Name: Pietro
Last Name: Cafsane
Ethnicity: Italian, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Chievoli, Italy
Date of Arrival: Nov 29, 1920
Age at Arrival: 14y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Lapland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0011

Please take a look at lines 2 - 4....

This Pietro travels with his mother Luigia Mongiat (a widow) ,mentioned on line 2...

Pietro's name on line 3, sister Mary on line 4 was crossed off and replaced on line 11, 12

Uncle in Italy is D. Mongiat - Tramonti di Sopra, Italy

They would be joining Luigia's brother D. Mongiat in Milford, Mass.

page 1

page 2

City of Tramonti di Sopra: Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region - Italy.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/093/045/index.html

Hope this sheds some light...

mfjp
Chievolis is an hamlet of Tramonti di Sopra, province of Pordenone

you can request civil record to:

Comune
Ufficio dello Stato civile
Via Roma, 1
33090 Tramonti Di Sopra (PN)
Italy

or to

Archivio di Stato
Via Montereale 7
33170 Pordenone
Italy

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... RDENONE%22

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Harleycassan wrote:Hello The reality is that I am not all too familiar with Peter Cassan's Family History. But the Distant Cousin I mentioned is Peter's Daughter. I am awaiting a response from her But from what I know it all seems correct. I have sent her the link to this site and she may respond directly or maybe to me.
How exciting! It would be nice if she could link to this site. Nice to see "distant" cousins working together...
My Family is actually French / Irish / Canadian. I am building a site to try to link all Cassans and share Histories. So I am actually researching all I can find about the Cassans.
I'm an Ontarian... a freezing Ontarian...
The site is in its infancy but with help like you and others have given -- it will soon be something worthwhile to those interested in their History within this Family Thanks
Harley Cassan
Thank you too!
mfjp
p.s. voting next week??

:lol: :lol: Hi Ricbru!! :lol: :lol:
Hope all is well in Trento!!
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

[quote="mfjp]

:lol: :lol: Hi Ricbru!! :lol: :lol:
Hope all is well in Trento!![/quote]

Maria, everything is fine here in Trento, we are freezing too, lesser than Ontario,
bye Riccardo

:lol:
Harleycassan

Post by Harleycassan »

Hello
A positive response in regards to all the information you have supplied to me. Peter's Daughter has confirmed everything. The next step will be to follow up as has been suggested but I am going to wait until my Web - site is a little further along. Then I will have a proper place to put all the information. I really would like to be able to link the Cassans of Italy France and Ireland.
My own Family came to Canada in 1834 from Ireland settling in Campbellford, Ontario. I hope to come east this summer and visit Family and see if I can inspire some other distant relatives to share and participate.
Thank You All for your Help . May the continued research be as easy as you have made this work
Http://Cassanworld.ca
By the way it is clear relatively warm and only a little snow here in Calgary
Good Night
Harley Cassan
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Ancestry.com is adding more Canadian content into their databases... hopefully making Canadian research a little easier...

Wishing you well,
Maria,
Toronto
calfa

Post by calfa »

Hello
Saw your message on italiangenealogy.com
My great grand-mother was Santa Cassan - born 1867 Chievolis (Pordenone) Italy - parents Pietro Antonio Cassan and Rosalia Sbriis

I have more info on their parents - pls get in touch -
Danièle Calder Dijon France (maiden name Mongiat from Chievolis)