Death Record Extract

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Barone88

Death Record Extract

Post by Barone88 »

I found this death record for Ciro Barone, it is not in the regular format and I am confused as to what the story is, he seems to not have the correct spouse? It is the right person I was looking for because it was included in the allegati for his son's marriage. I would appreciate any help in translating. Thanks, Gail
Attachments
Ciro Barone Death Record.jpg
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Re: Death Record Extract

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

On 15 Mar 1848 the Baron Valdaura, senator of Palermo and officer of the vital records office of the quarter Oreto, received a communication written the day before, that Ciro Barone, born in Altavilla, son of the late Pietro and husband of Francesca Prestigiacomo, was found dead in the street called Orfanello at the Porrazzi Plain.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
Barone88

Post by Barone88 »

Wow Marcello that really is a story isn't it. Is Oreto a village? His wife is supposed to be Vincenza Barcellona who died in 1881 and she is listed as the widow of Ciro Barone on her death record. I am going to have to figure out what happened here.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Barone88 wrote:Is Oreto a village?
"Oreto" was one of the ancient official sections of Palermo, outside the ancient eastern walls of the town. It was named "Oreto" because of the Oreto river that flows there.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
Barone88

Post by Barone88 »

Grazie Marcello