How Long To Receive "No Record Found"

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Paula7928

How Long To Receive "No Record Found"

Post by Paula7928 »

Can everyone please tell me how long it took for them to receive a "no record found" letter for their Italian ancestor who never naturalized? Thanks.
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: How Long To Receive "No Record Found"

Post by jennabet »

This may take awhile. At least a couple of months for the US government records because there is usually a fairly large back log of requests. In addition, you will need state and local no records found letters as well, but these don't take as long, as you can contact the right office by phone.
chutzpah84

Post by chutzpah84 »

It took USCIS six months to get back to me before finally sending me a letter saying no record found. Be prepared to wait a while. They are also awful at returning phone calls or emails. But the bright side is that they DID send it in the end.
James
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James »

Paula7928 wrote:Can everyone please tell me how long it took for them to receive a "no record found" letter for their Italian ancestor who never naturalized? Thanks.
I sent a letter to USCIS a few weeks ago. In my case my relative died before 1900 and there isn't any likelihood of this agency having any documentation on him. Still an important piece to the puzzle I am solving.

Have you gone to the state(s) and counties where your relative resided the longest and done searches as well? By doing so I found a certificate of intention to naturalize(petition) but nothing following it. Looks like he thought that was enough!

I will let you know when I receive my reply.

Wishing good luck,

James
James
Paula7928

Post by Paula7928 »

I received my reply in November, it took about 30 days. It was "No Record Found"!
James
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James »

I sent my letter November 23rd, 2015... Received reply of No Records Found on January 15, 2016.
James