Francesco D'Anna

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Francesco D'Anna

Post by stokkster1 »

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639

Could some one please tell what the 1877 date on this record is about it is suppose to be a birth record from 1892
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Francesco D'Anna

Post by liviomoreno »

Francesco D'Anna was born May 22 1877, this is a late registration of the birth.
The previous record holds the late registration of Benedetta, born April 30 1872

Both records (#45) have a bottom note stating that the Tribunal of Salerno, in date Jan 13 1892 authorizes the late registration of the birth.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

What is the Tribunal of Salerno? Why would the record be record so late?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Sorry, I wrote Salerno but I meant Palermo. The court of Palermo.
As I mentioned in another post, when Giuseppe and Filippa got married (1986), they declared that they had two children who were not recorded at the Civil State Office. Why they waited another 6 years to register the birth is a mystery.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

liviomoreno wrote:Sorry, I wrote Salerno but I meant Palermo. The court of Palermo.
As I mentioned in another post, when Giuseppe and Filippa got married (1986), they declared that they had two children who were not recorded at the Civil State Office. Why they waited another 6 years to register the birth is a mystery.

Okay thanks yes that is very interesting and odd. but I am glad I finally found his birth record he was my GG uncle onn my grandpa's side