birth record for margherita repole

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

birth record for margherita repole

Post by misschristi16 »

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1483052

record number 51. margherita repole

any help would be appreciated
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: birth record for margherita repole

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth Record No 51: Margherita Repole
1 September 1892, 7 am, Rapone
Margherita Pinto, 49 yo, peasant farmer, living Rapone, reported that at 5 am on 1 of the current month (1 September 1892), at a house in Vico Garibaldi, No 2, Maria Ciampa, wife of Giovanni Repole, peasant farmer, living with her husband, gave birth to a female baby, who she presented and gave the name Margherita.

At the bottom I am reading that in this case Margherita Pinto, who assisted with the birth, presented the child and registered the birth, because Maria was unwell, and Giovanni was absent.

Angela :)
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

I believe the Margherita Pinto named was her mother. Thank you for the translation. I appreciate it greatly!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Margherita Pinto presented the baby but according to the record Maria Ciampa,was the wife of Giovanni Repole like Angela translated

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

Thank you. Margherita Pinto was Maria Ciampa's mother--grandmother to Margherita Repole. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks again!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

misschristi16 wrote:I believe the Margherita Pinto named was her mother. Thank you for the translation. I appreciate it greatly!
You are very welcome for the translation. Yes, I had wondered whether Margherita Pinto was the child's grandmother. It must have been very special to be present at a grandchild's birth.

Marty: Thank you for confirming my translation.

Angela :D