Salvatore Festoso Birth Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Salvatore Festoso Birth Record Translation

Post by 32deuce »

I am a long time lurker on this board. I am needing some help translating this birth record. I can read some of it, but the hand written segments are causing me great frustration. Any help is greatly appriciated.

I am in the process of tracking down family history and documents. I am struggling to find my great-grandfathers birth record. This record is for his eldest son. My GGF's name is Antonio Festoso. He was born in Caserta April 13, 1868. So far I have been unable to locate his birth records. I have searched most of what is on ancestory.com and familysearch.com, but I am coming up empty handed. Any other ideas are more than welcome.
Attachments
Salvatore birth.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Salvatore Festoso Birth Record Translation

Post by liviomoreno »

Salvaore Festoso
dob 8 Feb 1896 Marcianise
Parents: Antonio Festoso 27yo and his wife Rosa Di Spazio

Here's Antonio's birth (#96): https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043630
dob 14 April 1868
Parents: Salvatore Festoso (son of unknown) 31yo and his wife Dorotea Golino, daughter of Francesco, aged 28
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Salvatore Festoso Birth Record Translation

Post by 32deuce »

WOW! Thank you liviomoreno! That was so helpful! I have been looking for his birth record for more time than I care to admit.

Because of your help I was also able to find Rosa's immigration records. Now on to her birth record and hers and Antonio's birth records.

Thank you again, you have been so helpful!