Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
I'm looking for information on the family of my Great Grandfather Vincenzo Rappa (Rapp).
He was born around 1871 in Italy, and died in 1909 in Meadville PA as James Rappa, (according to what I found on Ancestry.com.)
I know of his wife (Concetta Salvia/ aka Catherine Rapp, who lived in Meadville PA)
And his children:
1.Dominic Rapp who married Lillian and had a child Vincent),
2.Anthony (Tony) Rapp who married Verna Reitzel and had children James, Joseph and John.)
3.Benjamin who married Wanda and had children Marie, Norma, Vincent and Wanda.
4.Samuel who married both Evelyn and Margaret and had children Dorothy and Carol. 5.James.
But since I don't know who Vincent's patents or brothers and sisters were, I don't know any of those cousins of mine. I'm sure there must be lots of Rapps and others that I'm related to. But I need to figure this out first. Can anyone help? Thanks!
He was born around 1871 in Italy, and died in 1909 in Meadville PA as James Rappa, (according to what I found on Ancestry.com.)
I know of his wife (Concetta Salvia/ aka Catherine Rapp, who lived in Meadville PA)
And his children:
1.Dominic Rapp who married Lillian and had a child Vincent),
2.Anthony (Tony) Rapp who married Verna Reitzel and had children James, Joseph and John.)
3.Benjamin who married Wanda and had children Marie, Norma, Vincent and Wanda.
4.Samuel who married both Evelyn and Margaret and had children Dorothy and Carol. 5.James.
But since I don't know who Vincent's patents or brothers and sisters were, I don't know any of those cousins of mine. I'm sure there must be lots of Rapps and others that I'm related to. But I need to figure this out first. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Birth record of Vincenzo Rappa
INDEX#70
1871 April 30th in the town of Borgetto quarter of Santa Maria Maddalena birth of Vincenzo Rappa son of Domenico Rappa age 35 farmer (son of deceased Vincenzo)and his wife Elizabetta Cusumano age 29 (daughter of deceased Giuseppe Cusumano
Sidenote says he married Maria Antonia Salvia 09/28/1902
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639
Marty
INDEX#70
1871 April 30th in the town of Borgetto quarter of Santa Maria Maddalena birth of Vincenzo Rappa son of Domenico Rappa age 35 farmer (son of deceased Vincenzo)and his wife Elizabetta Cusumano age 29 (daughter of deceased Giuseppe Cusumano
Sidenote says he married Maria Antonia Salvia 09/28/1902
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Baptism of Domenico Rappa
Record#70
1903 March 23 in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and Maria Antonia Salvia (Not Concetta)
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Shipmanifest of Maria Salvia line#8 going to see her husband Vincenzo Rappa traveling with children Domenico Rappa and Giuseppe Occhipinti
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Marty
Record#70
1903 March 23 in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and Maria Antonia Salvia (Not Concetta)
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Shipmanifest of Maria Salvia line#8 going to see her husband Vincenzo Rappa traveling with children Domenico Rappa and Giuseppe Occhipinti
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Baptism of Maria Antonia Salvia
Record#94
1873 April 26th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Maria Antonia Salvia daughter of Giuseppe Salvia and Luisa Concetta Grille (edited)
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Record#94
1873 April 26th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Maria Antonia Salvia daughter of Giuseppe Salvia and Luisa Concetta Grille (edited)
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Thanks @adelfio I'll check these things out. I hope if I tag my cousin @maddipa that she will see this too.
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Marty, @adelfio , does this tagging work? How can I show this to my cousin @maddipa ? We definitely recognize that name Occhipinti, but we didn't know where it fit in. The records I have of my great grandmother Concetta Salvia (who we also found was Maria Concetta Salvia), her oldest son's last name was Occhipinti on the records/censuses, while all the other sons were Rappa's/Rapps.
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Just tell your cuz to join IG website or let them use your id and pw
Birth of Giuseppe Occhipinti
INDEX#5
1895 Jan 5th in the town of Borgetto birth of Giuseppe Occhipinti son of Benedetto Occhipinti age 24 farmer and Maria Antonia Salvia (this is child with her first husband Benedetto Occhipinti must have died and she remarried
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639
Marty
Birth of Giuseppe Occhipinti
INDEX#5
1895 Jan 5th in the town of Borgetto birth of Giuseppe Occhipinti son of Benedetto Occhipinti age 24 farmer and Maria Antonia Salvia (this is child with her first husband Benedetto Occhipinti must have died and she remarried
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Thanks so much Marty, my cousin is a member here. This is where I met her!!!!
This is so interesting. I wonder why Maria went by Maria Antonia and later Maria Concetta? The family tree that we have going already lists her parents, and her mother was a Grillo, so that matches what you found. I sent my cousin an email link to this.
This is so interesting. I wonder why Maria went by Maria Antonia and later Maria Concetta? The family tree that we have going already lists her parents, and her mother was a Grillo, so that matches what you found. I sent my cousin an email link to this.
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Marriage of Benedetto Occhipinti and Maria Antonia Salvia
INDEX#12
1894 April 1st in the town of Borgetto marriage of Benedetto Occhipinti age 24 farmer born in Borgetto son of deceased Giuseppe Occhipinti and Girolama Cusumano married Maria Antonia Salvia age 20 born in Borgetto daughter of deceased Giuseppe Salvia and deceased Maria Concetta Grille
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639
Marty
INDEX#12
1894 April 1st in the town of Borgetto marriage of Benedetto Occhipinti age 24 farmer born in Borgetto son of deceased Giuseppe Occhipinti and Girolama Cusumano married Maria Antonia Salvia age 20 born in Borgetto daughter of deceased Giuseppe Salvia and deceased Maria Concetta Grille
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Wow, you are amazing! Can you also figure out if Maria's husband Vincenzo Rappa had any brothers or sisters so I can look for their families so I can find more living cousins?
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Marriage of Domenico Rappa and Elizabetta Cusumano
1860 June 14th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and Cyra Grippi married Elizabetta Cusumano daughter of Giuseppe Cusumano and Catherine Barretta
RECORD ON TOP RIGHT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
1860 June 14th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and Cyra Grippi married Elizabetta Cusumano daughter of Giuseppe Cusumano and Catherine Barretta
RECORD ON TOP RIGHT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Wow, you are really good at this! Thanks!
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Marriage of Vincenzo Rappa and Cyra Grippi
1832 March 2nd in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Vincenzo Rappa son of deceased Domenico Rappa and Ninfa Amato married Cyra Grippi daughter of deceased Cyri Grippi and Marianna Randazzo
RECORD LEFT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
1832 March 2nd in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Vincenzo Rappa son of deceased Domenico Rappa and Ninfa Amato married Cyra Grippi daughter of deceased Cyri Grippi and Marianna Randazzo
RECORD LEFT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Lisapeters65
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
Wow, @adelfio, I don't know why I've been paying Ancestry.com every month. I should be paying you!
Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)
You have a lot of Vincenzo and Domenico in your Rappa branch line you will have to number them to keep them straight
Marriage of Domenico Rappa and Ninfa Amato
1800 July 2nd in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and deceased Leonarda Rappa (no maiden name listed) married Ninfa Amato daughter of deceased Antonino Amato and Giuseppa Amato (no maiden name listed)
RECORD RIGHT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Marriage of Domenico Rappa and Ninfa Amato
1800 July 2nd in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and deceased Leonarda Rappa (no maiden name listed) married Ninfa Amato daughter of deceased Antonino Amato and Giuseppa Amato (no maiden name listed)
RECORD RIGHT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
