search for ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dutchess

search for ancestors

Post by dutchess »

Forgive me i am new to this site and don\'t know all the Icons to check.
<BR>I am looking for documentationof my ancestors in Italy. My grandfathers name was Guisepe Piscioneri who was born in Caulonia Reggio di calcbria on 12 dec. 1898. I do not have his parents names or grandparents names, this is why I am having so much trouble locating my ancestors. He was the only one in his family to come over here and stay. I believe he came over around 1910 with one of his brothers, either Vinsenso, or Paolo Piscioneri. When he got in the U.S.A. , at some point, he changed the spelling of his name to Piscionere. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

search for ancestors

Post by ptimber »

The best thing to do in order to start is to request your grandfather \'s Giuseppe Piscioneri birth record from Caulonia. There are 62 persons currently residing in Caulonia with the surname Piscioneri so relatives abound. Go to www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp for form letter in Italian which you will send to the
<BR> Ufficio di Stato Civile
<BR> Comune di Caulonia, Postale 89041
<BR> Provincia Reggio Calabria, Calabria Italy
<BR>send a self addressed envelope and $5.00 in cash or postal coupons. When you get the record the parents names will be on the certificate. This will also give their ages and then you can trace their parents back to early 1800\'s and beyond that church records. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

search for ancestors

Post by ptimber »

If you wish to send a request to Sicily then you do the same thing exceptg you must know the full name of the person and date or year of his or her birth and the town of origin in Sicily. If you let me know the town then I can furnish you with the address. Yoiu already know how to obtain form letter sin Italian language. Peter
dutchess

search for ancestors

Post by dutchess »

Peter, thank you. I didnt mean to put you out on this but i could not figure out how to get back to my original query.
<BR>Unfortunately i do not know the town that she came from. We are at a loss on that end of this search.
<BR>We really do not even know her maiden name as it is spelled several different ways in the obituarys on her and her children, also she was married before to a man with the last name of Jacobell, After he died is when she married my great grandfather.
<BR>Please dont misunderstand my user name it is the name of one of my dogs which i love very much, it is not a status name.
<BR>Again thank you so much for all your help. when i find out what city my great grandmother was born in i will again be seeking your help.
<BR>Sincerely, Dana(my real name)
ptimber
Master
Master

search for ancestors

Post by ptimber »

Did she die after 1963? If she did then you can go to social security death index. What about her death certificate for place of birth and what about her marriage application to Jacobell? Peter
dutchess

search for ancestors

Post by dutchess »

Peter,
<BR>Thank you for the insight. She died before 1963 but with your suggestion we have located the place where we can find her marriage certificate to Jacobell and her death record(maybe).
<BR>The information you gave us will help us to determine city in Sicily and maiden name.
<BR>Thank you so much what we thought was a lost cause isnt because of your help.
<BR>Dana
ptimber
Master
Master

search for ancestors

Post by ptimber »

I am here!! Peter