Gerardi / Avigliano, Potenza Please Help!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JAvigliano712

Gerardi / Avigliano, Potenza Please Help!

Post by JAvigliano712 »

Would somebody be able to help me with a translation:

Below is an 1866 Birth record for a Carminella Gerardi.

My greatx3 Grandfather, Paolo Gerardi was born in 1866 to Giuseppe and Angela Maria Summa. I have this information from his marriage record to Rosa Gruosso in 1896. I cannot find the actual birth record for Paolo because Ancestry does not have an index nor book for 1876. I also cannot find Giuseppe and Angela Maria's marriage record.

To go around this, I tried to locate a sibling of Paolo to obtain Giuseppe and Angela Maria's birth years from their ages. I think that I have found one in Carmellina Gerardi born 1866.

Would somebody please translate the following birth record for Carmelina? I am hoping to confirm that she is the daughter of Giuseppe and Angela Maria Summa and find out their birth years and any other pertinent information.

Thank you!
Attachments
CarminellaGerardiSisterofPaolo1866.jpg
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Gerardi / Avigliano, Potenza Please Help!

Post by adelfio »

1866 May 18th in the town of Avigliano birth of Carmellina Gerardi daughter of Giuseppe Gerardi age 30 farmer son of deceased Paolo Gerardi and his wife Angela Maria Summa

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giuseppe Gerardi and Angela Maria Summa

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Giuseppe Gerardi

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty

Marty
JAvigliano712

Post by JAvigliano712 »

wow thank you so much! Amazing! :D