birth Record of Generosa Rocca

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
molan
Elite
Elite

birth Record of Generosa Rocca

Post by molan »

Please help translate the birth Record of Generosa Rocca (Nati 1847 No 393) in Catanzaro, the record is located here.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1937913

I've attached copies of the record.

Thank you
Gary
Attachments
Catanzaro #393 page 2.jpg
Catanzaro #393 page 1.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: birth Record of Generosa Rocca

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 323: Generoso Rocca
Catanzaro: 30 September 1847, 3 pm
Felice Rocca, 32yo, campagnolo (countryman - peasant), living in Catanzaro, presented a male baby and reported he was born to his wife Isabella Silipo, 20 yo, living with her husband, on 30 September 1847, at 7 pm, at their home. The baby was given the name Generoso Rocca.

The side note dated 2 October 1847 says that Generoso Rocca was baptised at the church of Santa Maria …. on 30 September 1847.

Hi Gary

I wasn't able to blow up the images you have posted here and was unable to view the record at Family Search. However, these earlier records can also be found here:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela
molan
Elite
Elite

Post by molan »

Hi Angela, thank you so very very much once again, and thank you for the link to the record in the Italian Archives. This site lets us save a copy of the record which the Family Search site blocked.

Thanks again,
Gary
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are most welcome, Gary. Glad I could help.
Angela:-0
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: The side note dated 2 October 1847 says that Generoso Rocca was baptised at the church of Santa Maria de Cataro on 30 September 1847.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote: The side note dated 2 October 1847 says that Generoso Rocca was baptised at the church of Santa Maria de Cataro on 30 September 1847.
Thank you for confirming the name of the church mmogno. I was reading Santa Maria Cataro but couldn't find this church in Catanzaro and was wondering whether there was just an error in the record so that's why I left it blank.

Grazie, Angela
molan
Elite
Elite

Post by molan »

Thank you mmogno & Angela once again. It is all truly appreciated.
Gary
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

"Inserita nel complesso monastico dei frati carmelitani, cosiddetti "calzati", la Chiesa del Carmine, che attualmente si presenta con la facciata di travertino, venne edificata nel 1600 e subì degli interventi anche nel secolo seguente. Attorno al 1800 l'ordine monastico venne soppresso e, all'interno della chiesa, passata al clero secolare, trovarono ricovero le opere dell'antichissima Chiesa di Santa Maria di Cataro, danneggiata dal sisma del 1783, in particolare la Madonna policroma che oggi occupa l'altare di destra."

http://www.telemia.it/news.php?news=12164
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
molan
Elite
Elite

Post by molan »

Thank you mmogno for the link to the church
Gary