Hello,
I was wondering if someone could give their take on what Santa Consolo's mother's name is on the attached death record. Father is Francesco and the mother is Giovanna, but I can't seem to figure out the last name. Whatever combination of letters I try, that name seems to be non-existent in surname searches. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
Help with reading Death Record
Help with reading Death Record
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Help with reading Death Record
Is a link to the source document available? My thought would be to look for an index in the original document and look for surnames of a similar form.
My guess is that the last letters are "accirëa"; can't make out the first letter, though for some reason I want to say it's a "Z".
My guess is that the last letters are "accirëa"; can't make out the first letter, though for some reason I want to say it's a "Z".
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
Re: Help with reading Death Record
This record is from Catania right? Can you leave a link to the page its on to compare the writing
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help with reading Death Record
Thanks so much for your guys help. Yes it is Catania, city of Paterno. The record is on familysearch.com so I think you have to be signed in to gain access to it, but the link is below. The successive links are - Italy records - Catania Church Records 1515-1941- Paternò -Santa Maria dell'Alto - Morti 1819-1880 - pg 411. I thought it was an A too but looking at the index to compare it seems to be a V. But I just don't know of or can find any surname of Vaccirea. Unless maybe it is a latin form of the italian name? A picture of the index is attached. Thanks so much again!
Link:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2013622
Link:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2013622
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Help with reading Death Record
I don't speak Italian, but, if you look two lines down that same character is used in another word. Maybe that will give you a clue if someone can figure that out. Wish I could be more help!
Re: Help with reading Death Record
The link is a good help. Look across to the left on the opposite page and you'll see an entry for a "Vincentius Chiarenza". A bit fancier, but "V" is looking like a good match.
Best examples might be seen in the index on image #434, under "V".
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2013622
Not sure why I initially thought this letter might be a "Z" when seen in isolation, save that I've seen some creatively-written Z's in other documents.
Best examples might be seen in the index on image #434, under "V".
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2013622
Not sure why I initially thought this letter might be a "Z" when seen in isolation, save that I've seen some creatively-written Z's in other documents.
-
adellagreca
- Rookie

- Posts: 84
- Joined: 26 Jun 2016, 21:00
Re: Help with reading Death Record
As I see it, it is Giovanna Vaccirea, wife (Uxor) of Mauro Carmelo Grasso
Neil
Neil

