Ortona, Italy records from Pescara directory?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dbiv21
Rookie
Rookie

Ortona, Italy records from Pescara directory?

Post by Dbiv21 »

Hello,

I'm still trying to locate family members of mine from Ortona, Italy. However, i'm not sure whether to rent the micro films from Pescara or Chieti. When I do a search on Familysearch.org it just confuses me even further. Any suggestions or help would be great! The surname is Cardarelli....however i'm seeing various spellings, i.e. Garazelli, Cardarella, Caldarelli. It's quite confusing and i've been searching with no luck for about a year. My great grandfather was Alberto Cardarelli, born 8-7-1882 to 1957, he had a brother Giovanni (1879-1971) and Nunzio? and their parents were Tomasso and Maria. I have US records for Alberto and Giovanni (the only ones who came to the US) but nothing on Nunzio, Tomasso and Maria.

Thanks ahead of time!

-Dennis
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Ortona, Italy records from Pescara directory?

Post by Italysearcher »

Ortona de' Marsi is in the Province of L'Aquila and on line records only go to 1865.
Ortona, Chieti records are not yet on line so rent them from Family Search. Note, some years are missing or out of order.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.