inherited land

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
julwebb76
Rookie
Rookie

inherited land

Post by julwebb76 »

Hello
my great great grandmother(giuseppina DiMatteo) and my great grandmother (rosa dimatteo) inherited some land in Trabia when my (gggrandmother) father( Domenico DiMatteo) passed away there. From my understanding she(giuseppina DiMatteo) left it to her daughter rosa when she passed away and her daughter rosa left it to my grandmother when she passed away and From my understanding rosa left it to my grandmother giuseppna vivirito when she passed away. I was wanting to know if there is anyway to find out if any of the land is still in the family or not.
julwebb76
Rookie
Rookie

Re: inherited land

Post by julwebb76 »

My family was sent a letter in the mail from the foreign service of usa from american consulate general from palermo,italy on november 24 of 1948 actually after reading it again it says..

Reference is made to previous correspondence regarding the property left by your (rosa and elizabetta's father) father, Anthony Dimatteo.

The mayor of Trabia has recently informed this office that when Domenico Dimatteo (rosa and elizabetta grandfather)died about twenty years ago he left his property to his daughter giuseppina (rosa and elizabetta's mom), and to his granddaughter rosa(my great grandmother). When Rosa left for the united states she sold her own property and that of her mother and sister elizabetta.
The father of rosa and elizabetta,Antonio DiMatteo,died intestate. He left a house on the via madrice? in Trabia and three small pieces of land. His daughters,rosa and elizabetta,became heiresses to this property. his wife giuseppina, retains the use of it,however,during her lifetime.