What is the bride's first name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rp76226
Master
Master

What is the bride's first name

Post by rp76226 »

According to the index, Document number 153, in the "L"s, the bride's first name is Grazia. See link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

However, on document 153, it appears to be Antonia, or even Nicola. I see detailed info on the groom, but not the bride. See link: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 3.jpg.html

Where did Grazia come from in the index?

Also, what is the proper spelling of the bride's last name?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: What is the bride's first name

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there

The bride is 20 year old Antonia Moramarco, cucitrice (seamstress) and it was her father Nicola Moramarco, 66 yo, contadino who appeared – that's why you are seeing the name Nicola.

Re Grazia in the index: It looks like they have made a mistake in the index which seems to happen from time to time. (Actualy, if you look at No 142 a few lines down in the index they have entered them there. They've got muddled up.)

Angela
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

The reason that 1881 marriage caught my attention is that people by the exact names found in the index were the parents of a Francesco Lorusso, 25, who married an Angela Stella, 21, on September 25, 1909 in Altamura, record # 103. I was trying to find the parents of Francesco Lorusso and thought that I did by the matching names of the marriage in the 1881 index.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi there

The bride is 20 year old Antonia Moramarco, cucitrice (seamstress) and it was her father Nicola Moramarco, 66 yo, contadino who appeared – that's why you are seeing the name Nicola.

Re Grazia in the index: It looks like they have made a mistake in the index which seems to happen from time to time. (Actualy, if you look at No 162 a few lines down in the index they have entered them there. They've got muddled up.)

Angela
Just correcting my typo.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi again

Is this what you are looking for:

Marriage No 153: Giuseppe Lorenzo e Grazia Moramarco http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Where you have become confused, is that you have looked at the 1881 index for Marriages, found the index No and looked in the marriage banns instead of the marriages. The marriage banns and marriage acts have different numbers. So all is perfect :D
Angela
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Yes, thank you very much.

Ron
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master