Birth Record Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Record Help

Post by vspeciale66 »

can I get help with the translation for Givanna Lo iacono ( which I believe is really supposed to be Lo Tacono.)

Any help will be much appreciated.
Attachments
record-image_3QS7-897B-FXG8.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Help

Post by liviomoreno »

The birth about Giovanna Lo Iacono continues on the next page; I recommend that you post the URL of the image rather than the image itself, in this case: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639

Giovanna Lo Iacono was born in Tunisi 1892, Nov. 29
Parents: Salvatore Lo Iacono aged 34 and Rosa Valenti
The birth was transcribed in San Giusepe Iato on 1894 Jan 28

The surname is erroneously spelled Loiacono (one word) in the index, the correct spelling is two words Lo Iacono. I never heard the surname Lo Tacono.
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth Record Help

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you very much. I was mistaking the capital "I" (as in the example attached) with a capital "T".

Also I noticed the word I usually spell Jato is spelled also with an I. Is this correct? On family search they spell it with a J so I have been doing that also but want to be correct. I will use links going forward whenever possible.

Thanks again for your help.
Attachments
Lo Iocano.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino