Birth Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MichealN

Birth Record Translation

Post by MichealN »

Good Morning -

I'm having difficulty translating the attached birth record. It is record number 53 (Bottom left). Can anybody assist in translating this record? Thank you!
Attachments
record-image_3QS7-99C5-BGKZ.jpg
jestes
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth Record Translation

Post by jestes »

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks and polish it up, but here is my take on it:

In the year 1886, the 20th of March at 9:30 am, before me ???? Giuseppe, the delegated secretary of the Sindaco, etc., etc., appeared Antonio Cappa (son of Tommaso), age 37, profession "magnaio" (possibly locksmith?).
He states that at 9:20 am on the 19th (yesterday) in the house at number 8 (not sure of the street name), of (not sure of her first name) Lombardo (daughter of Giambattista), Antonio's wife, is born a baby girl whom they have named Teresa.

John
MichealN

Post by MichealN »

Thank you John! It is very appreciated!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

jestes wrote:Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks and polish it up, but here is my take on it:

In the year 1886, the 20th of March at 9:30 am, before me Caivano Giuseppe, the delegated secretary of the Sindaco, etc., etc., appeared Antonio Cappa (son of Tommaso), age 37, profession "mugnaio" (miller).
He states that at 9:20 am on the 19th (yesterday) in the house at number 8 (Vico Vallone), of (not sure of her first name) Lombardo (daughter of Giambattista), Antonio's wife, is born a baby girl whom they have named Teresa.

John