What records can be found?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

What records can be found?

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Hi, im wondering what records can be found? I have found birth, marriage, and death records. Can any other records be found? Also, is there any way to find photos of family or histories of the town they are from? I would also love to find photos of the churches they were married in. My family is from pianella pescara abruzzo italy and san filippo superiore Messina Sicily.
Pianella, Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy & San Filippo, Messina, Sicily
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: What records can be found?

Post by Italysearcher »

The town's website usually has photos of the town and churches and the history but it's usually in Italian. Search under Comune di Pianella.
Sometimes you can find photos of the church on this site http://www.parrocchiemap.it/. If there are nophotos then a google search using the name of the church and town will bring up other peoples' photos of the church.
As far as other records are concerned there are parish records usually only found at the church or Diocese. The town will often have anagrafe records that are not on microfilm which usually can only be found in person. There are also military records and Lista di Leva.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
VotM
Elite
Elite

Post by VotM »

Jamiepalma2 wrote:Hi, im wondering what records can be found? [...] My family is from pianella pescara abruzzo italy and san filippo superiore Messina Sicily.
For San Filippo Superiore, there are records from the 1748 Riveli (tax census). This would only be of use if you have a death record from around the 1820's (or later for a very old person) that lists his parents' names. You could potentially find one or both of that person's parents listed in the Riveli; if you are expecially lucky, you may also see several of that person's siblings and/or their parents' siblings listed as well.
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Thank you for all the information and links. They were all very helpful. I enjoyed scanning through the photos and learning more about Pianella.
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Did you see this picture?

http://www.catalogo.beniculturali.it/im ... 012305.JPG

In the right-most column, the second and third name starting from the top are Domenico and Ferdinando Palma. Perhaps your relatives?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

mmogno wrote:Did you see this picture?

In the right-most column, the second and third name starting from the top are Domenico and Ferdinando Palma. Perhaps your relatives?
Wow! I did not look at the names on there. There is also a Pasquale Di Girolamo which I have a distant grandfather named Pasquale di Girolamo (born about 1800). Im not sure if to figure out if I am related to the Palma names. The first Ive gone on Palma is my distant grandparent Silverstro Palma married to a Maria Basilisco. Im guessing there birth dates would be around 1770 - 1780. Ill have to learn why the names are on there and the date. Thank you for pointing that out to me!
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Thank you I saved the images so I can match them to aunts and uncles in my family tree!
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Does this include people from Sicily?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Yes of course
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Do you know if theres a document like this that shows people that passed in WW2?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Thank you! That was very helpful! :D
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Notably, the memorial plaque

was erected thanks to helps of Pianella citizens emigrated to the United States.

"Intanto, anche la comunità pianellese residente negli Stati Uniti, a Philadelphia, promosse una sottoscrizione e una raccolta firme, lamentandosi poi, con una lettera datata 25 marzo 1922, per il ritardo con cui procedevano i lavori. Dal carteggio che intercorse tra D’Antino e il sindaco apprendiamo, infatti, le difficoltà del comune nel reperire il denaro per pagare gli esecutori dell’opera, a cominciare dallo stesso artista."

http://www.catalogo.beniculturali.it/si ... CD11186844

https://www.facebook.com/13974694438580 ... =3&theater