Borgo Nuovo in Monteleone di Puglia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dougrogers

Borgo Nuovo in Monteleone di Puglia

Post by dougrogers »

I know that Borgo Nuovo means "New Road", and humorously this means nothing in terms of Monteleone being a medieval hill town to a North American Canadian. I remain curious if anyone has any idea when this particular Borgo Nuovo was established. I am curious because it might yield some clue as to when my ancestral family actually established themselves outside the town proper, as the home is on this "New Road"
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Borgo Nuovo in Monteleone di Puglia

Post by PippoM »

"Borgo Nuovo" does not mean "new road", but "new village"; in small villages, it usually indicates a new group of houses in the same village. I'm sorry, but I found nothing about the "Borgo Nuovo" in Monteleone.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
SyuzanVR

Re: Borgo Nuovo in Monteleone di Puglia

Post by SyuzanVR »

If you know (or you think) that your ancestors were from Monteleone di Puglia, you could find info about your Italian family at Registrar of Vital Statistics in the City Office or at the parishes. Borgo Nuovo from italian means New Road, it means that Monteleone being a medieval hill town to a North American Canadian.