Riani Family in Fornaci di Barga

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Riani Family in Fornaci di Barga

Post by brendariani »

Hi, I'm trying to trace my Great Grandfather's family in Fornaci di Barga. We knew him as Carlo Riani although Carlo may not be his name. He was born 1st Nov 1881 to parents Pietro Riani and Assunta Magri and was one of eight children. Pietro owned land with Ghiloni and another partner. Pietro's had siblings named Adele and Eliza (not sure of Italian version) Carlo (if that is his name) stowed away apparently at the age of fourteen and was presumed dead by a Lucca tribunal. His mother had died and his father pietro had re-married. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Riani Family in Fornaci di Barga

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Baptism of Assunta Magri, 5 Feb 1851

Baptism of Pietro Riani, 12 Jan 1847

Request of banns, 3 Jan 1870

Marriage Pietro Riani - Assunta Magri, 31 Jan 1870
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Hi I cannot see the documents. Can you tell me Italiano's date of birth and his full name please? If you can I would be grateful if you could tell me Pietro and Assunta's parents. Many thanks
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Also if you had a death certificate for Assunta. Many thanks
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Riani family in Fornaci di Barga

Post by brendariani »

Thank you so much for the documents, I just figured out how to see them. I don't speak Italian so cannot understand the majority of them. If anyone can help I would be most grateful. The Banns document, I don't understand what that means? Many thanks
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Italiano, Luigi, Santino Riani was born 1st Nov 1881 in Barga.
Father: Pietro Riani; mother: Assunta, daughter of the dec Luigi Magri.

Pietro, Gio(vanni), Ferdinando Riani was born 11 Jan 1847.
Father: Serafino, son of Francesco Riani; mother: Diamante, daughter of Domenico Luchini.

M(ari)a Assunta, Amabile, Violante Magri was born 5 Feb 1851.
Father: Luigi, son of Domenico son of Nicolao Magri; mother: Amabile, daughter of Nicolao Bernardini.
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Many thanks for the information. I have been trying to find a death certificate for Assunta Magri as apparently she died when my great grandfather ( Italiano) was young. His father Pietro remarried and this is apparently why Italiano stowed away and was presummed dead by a Lucca tribunal. I can't seem to find any information on this. If anyone can help that would be great. Thank you
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Hi I wondered if anyone can help. My Great Grandfather Italiano Riani 1 Nov 1881 fornaci di Barga ran away from home at approx age 14 or 16 and was presummed dead by a Lucca tribunal as no trace of him could be found. Would anyone know where I could find the Lucca tribunal documents to confirm this? Many thanks Brenda
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Here's the death record of Assunta Magri:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=820379

She died on Mar 15,1895
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Thank you so much. As I don't speak or read Italian, would it be possible for you to translate it for me? I would be most grateful. Also would there be a marriage record for Pietro Riani as appatently he remarried after Assunta died. Many thanks
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Record date: Mar 16, 1895 at 9:15am
Assunta Magri died on day 15 at 3pm in the house situated at 75, via Provinciale.
She was 44, well-off, born in Loppia (hamlet of Barga) the daughter of Luigi(deceased well-off), and Amabile Bernardini, housewife, both residing in Loppia; she was the wife of Pietro Riani.

What do you know about Carlo/Italiano being declared dead? Are you sure of it? I couldn't find a death record until 1910 (if death had been declared by a judge, it would have been written in death registers)

PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Marriage record for Pietro Riani and Rosa Ghiloni:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=820379

(but I have no time to translate it now...sorry! I hope I can do it tomorrow)

brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Thank you so much for information. Ok, so Carlo's real name was Italiano Luigi Santino Riani or Luigi Santino Italiano born to Pietro Riani and Assunta Magri 1 Nov 1881 in Fornaci di Barga or Barga. Apparently he ran away from home as his Mother had died andcfather remarried and he did not get on with his Stepmother, so he stowed awayvat aged possibly 15 or 16 after his Dad remarried and was never heard of again until 1912 when he had written back to Italy and the Notary had informed him his Dad was deceased. They explained they were surprised at his reappearance as they found him difficult yo trace he had been presummed dead by a Lucca tribunal. The letter addresses him as Italiano.
brendariani
Veteran
Veteran

Post by brendariani »

Thank you so much for information. Ok, so Carlo's real name was Italiano Luigi Santino Riani or Luigi Santino Italiano born to Pietro Riani and Assunta Magri 1 Nov 1881 in Fornaci di Barga or Barga. Apparently he ran away from home as his Mother had died andcfather remarried and he did not get on with his Stepmother, so he stowed awayvat aged possibly 15 or 16 after his Dad remarried and was never heard of again until 1912 when he had written back to Italy and the Notary had informed him his Dad was deceased. They explained they were surprised at his reappearance as they found him difficult yo trace he had been presummed dead by a Lucca tribunal. The letter addresses him as Italiano.