Polsinelli,La Rocca,Lombardozzi and Tuzi from Sora.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marco65

Re: Polsinelli,La Rocca,Lombardozzi and Tuzi from Sora.

Post by marco65 »

hello, i go to search friends and relatives into a internet, my name is Mark Polsinelli, my origins are Italian province of Rome, but I also have relatives in canada

my account msn: fastworld_2@hotmail.com
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

For Italy www.paginebianche.it and for the rerst of the world go to www.numberway.com =Peter=
~Peter~
mlpolsinelli

Post by mlpolsinelli »

Marco Polsinelli....anche io sono un Polsinelli. Da dove tu vieni? Sora?
mitch1969

Polsinelli family in Birmingham England Circa 1910 - 1940 ?

Post by mitch1969 »

Hello all !

My Grandfather always talked about the Polsinelli Family that lived in North Birmingham Circa 1930's-1940,s as he used to help them with odd jobs. The family were ice cream makers and also laid wooden floors. The story is told that one of the family went to live on Bromyard Downs in a caravan at the outbreak of WW2.
It has always intrigued us as a family to try and find out more about the links to the Polsinelli's. In doing some research, I have found that my Grandfathers parents took in a Joseph Langdell as a lodger around 1910 and he had a daughter called Alice who later married a Pietro Polsinelli who was born in Rome, Italy around 1890. They lived in the Deritend area of Birmingham.
I wonder if anyone has any information about this family please.
PETERS26

Re: Polsinelli family in Birmingham England Circa 1910 - 194

Post by PETERS26 »

mitch1969 wrote:Hello all !

My Grandfather always talked about the Polsinelli Family that lived in North Birmingham Circa 1930's-1940,s as he used to help them with odd jobs. The family were ice cream makers and also laid wooden floors. The story is told that one of the family went to live on Bromyard Downs in a caravan at the outbreak of WW2.
It has always intrigued us as a family to try and find out more about the links to the Polsinelli's. In doing some research, I have found that my Grandfathers parents took in a Joseph Langdell as a lodger around 1910 and he had a daughter called Alice who later married a Pietro Polsinelli who was born in Rome, Italy around 1890. They lived in the Deritend area of Birmingham.
Hello, I am the great granddaughter of Pietro Pollsinelli. Pietro and Alice had 4 children, Liberetta, Bettina, Angelina and Pietro, who are sadly now all passed away.Pietro went back to live in Italy in about 1960 and Alice continued to live in Kingstanding, Birmingham, she dies in 1963 Liberetta continued to live in Bromyard until her death in 2006. If you have anymore information of questions you would like to ask please contact us.
mitch1969

Re: Polsinelli family in Birmingham England Circa 1910 - 194

Post by mitch1969 »

PETERS26 wrote:
mitch1969 wrote:Hello all !

Hello, I am the great granddaughter of Pietro Pollsinelli. Pietro and Alice had 4 children, Liberetta, Bettina, Angelina and Pietro, who are sadly now all passed away.Pietro went back to live in Italy in about 1960 and Alice continued to live in Kingstanding, Birmingham, she dies in 1963 Liberetta continued to live in Bromyard until her death in 2006. If you have anymore information of questions you would like to ask please contact us.
Thanks for replying. This is very interesting news. So are you aware of any marriage between the Nichols and the langdells please, because this would clear up this little mystery for us .

Many thanks
PETERS26

Post by PETERS26 »

unfortunatly We are not aware of this but I can ask a family member that might know and get back to you sorry.
rpolsinello

Post by rpolsinello »

Hello fellow Polsinellis/Polsinellos-

My name is Richard Joseph Polsinello Jr., and I am fairly certain that you are my relatives/ancestors from Italy. I was born in New York (Albany) in 1978, and now live in Boston, Massachusettes, USA. I am married, with one three month old son (and a dog). A few years ago, I took a trip with my parents to Ellis Island, outside of New York City. This is the location that the Polsinello and Polsinelli immigrants/families came through, on their trip from Italy to the United States around the year 1910 or so. The documentation that we saw there (signatures, photos, a picture of the boat they came over on) proved what we had always known; that my great granfather (Luigi Polsinello) and grandmother (Maria Josephine Polsinello) were on that boat. My father is Richard Polsinello Sr., and my grandfather (one of Luigi's sons) is Francis Polsinello. Luigi was born in Sora, Italy, and along with my grandfather (Francis), he also had two other sons and a daughter. I have always been interested in connecting with my family in Italy, because not only are they the link to my ancestors and where our family is from, that as far as I know, while in America, we have only been in contact with the Polsinellos (and have never spoken with the Polsinellis, at all). Can anyone out there confirm that the Luigi Polsinello link (from Sora, Italy) is correct? Also, could you provide some type of family tree (description of family structure) for the Polsinellis/Polsinellos, as well as any light you may be able to shed on the name change (when, where, and why?)? Look forward to connecting with you! (and sorry, my knowledge of the Italian language is not great, unfortunately) -Richard Joseph Polsinello, Jr.
gregmarchione

Post by gregmarchione »

My last name is Marchione. My father immigrated here from Bugnara Abruzzi after WWII. My grandfather came over multiple times, a few times through Ellis Island. His name was Antonio Marchione. At one point as a kid he came and lived with his family in Boston. That part of his life is very cloudy, nobody knows much about it. I'm assuming the Marchione last name is not huge so there should be some relation. My grandmothers maiden name was Nolfi.

Sincerely,

Greg Marchione
LMLaposta

Post by LMLaposta »

Hi My last name is Laposta, I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. My great grandmother was Restituta Maria Polsinelli from Sora Italy, who married a Mr. Cipollone. After he passed away she remarried Vincenzo La Posta. They moved to Canada.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Leah Marie
Joancapo

Post by Joancapo »

My husband's great-grandfather was Luigi Capobianco. I have him in the manifest and I believe he is from Gaeta. Is he listed in there by chance?

Thank you.

Joan Capobianco
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The Polsinelli's in Sora and surrounding area all originated in Arpino. There is documentation on the family going back to 1540.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
StefaniaTersigni

Post by StefaniaTersigni »

dianalouise wrote:I'm happy to join this forum and I can report some of these names in my tree.
Lombardozzi (in Sora):
Grazia b. 1825, d. 1898
Carlantonio (Carlo) b. 1798, d. 1821 - married to MariantoniaTersigni b. 1799. She is daughter of Luigi Tersigni.
Pasquale Felice b. 1774, d. 1796
Domenico Antonio b. 1735
Francesco - married to Angela Tersigni

Castellucci (also in Sora)
Angela d. 1854
Giuseppe d. 1836
Giovanni d. 1829
Domenico
Giuliano - married to Elisabetta Castellucci

I can provide LDS film #'s for some of them. Ann Tatangelo has been of great help to me, too, and I met this lovely woman in Sora last year.

Buona fortuna!

I have a Felice Tersigni going back a few generations in my family too!
RMBONDI

Post by RMBONDI »

Hello Daniele Panacci,

I see that your mothers name is Antonietta Valentini and that she was related to the Gismondi's. My grandmother was Maria Valentini and she was married to Pasquale Gismondi. They were both born in Frosone, Pescosolido around 1870 - 1880. They emmigrated to Canada, Toronto Ontario around 1904 or 1906. Two of their children were born in Italy, Risatuta (Lista) and Giovanni (John), and the remaining 4 children, Amelia, Julia, Libby, and Jimmy were born in Toronto. All family members mentioned here are deceased. My grandmother had a sister by the name of Arc-Angela, and a brother, who's name I unfortunately can not recall at the moment. My grandfather had a sister by the name of Catarina or Katherine, and he gave her a nickname "mountain" apparently because she was tall. My grandmother, was a very short woman, around 4'- 9" according to her passport. She was blue eyed.

I wold love to know if there are remaining relatives that I could converse with.

Rita Bondi
sara2101

Re: Tersigni/Iarusci from Sora.

Post by sara2101 »

Hi,
I've just started researching my family tree and I am related to the Tersigni Family in Sora.
My Grandfather was Luigi Tersigni, born 1879/1880and his wife was Maria Domenica Serafina Iarusci, born1905.

Yes! Luigi was about 25 years older than Serafina.

There is some talk that the family did take in a child and the Tersigni family at that time (late1800s) were quite an influential/affluent family.

I would like any information anyone may be willing to share, as I have come to a blank about my great - grandparents and would like to find out more about them; as well as my great-great grandparents. I think my great- grandfather, on the Iaruci side, owned a cafe in Sora???
Grateful for any info.
Regards
Sara