My grandparents on my Father's side are Italian and I am doing the family
tree. It has been really difficult because my grandparents didn't speak
about relatives and Italy very often and anyone who might know something has died.
My Dad doesn't even know how his father came over from Italy. (they never talked about it). I have a little more information on my Grandmother's side, because my Dad and his brother & sisters used to visit their Aunts & Uncles on her side.
Well as I continue to search for my Italian relatives, I hope you don't
mind if I ask questions. It seems that many of you know helpful websites,
and other leads on how to obtain information or documents (the only
problem - I don't speak Italian).
Speaking about that!!! My Grandparents HARDLY EVER spoke Italian or taught my Aunts, Uncle & Dad, because they wanted their kids to learn English so they could work. My Dad picked up some Italian, but not much. The only time I heard my Grandparents speak Italian was when they were arguing!!! My cousins & I would laugh because that's when we knew Gramma & Grampa were


