Graffine

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gerals

Graffine

Post by gerals »

Has anyone ever heard of this surname? Also a town or village called Quinnicia?
ptimber
Master
Master

Graffine

Post by ptimber »

Graffine does not exist in Italy and there are no Graffine in the Italian surname dictionary. Please recheck the spelling and check out the ellisi island website for ancestor entry into the USA> As for the town go to this website and read the side columsn for town directoryh. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Graffine

Post by ptimber »

are you a consultant? You have made several inquiries for sifferent surnames. Peter
gerals

Graffine

Post by gerals »

My great grandfather came to England with his brother from Italy in mid 1800\'s. The name was spelt Graffini in documents once they arrived in England but there is a letter predating this where it is spelt Graffine. The town is difficult to make out as the handwriting is bad but it looks like Quinnici. Can\'t find it or the surname mentioned anywhere in Italy. My grandmother thought it was somewhere in the south of Italy but didn\'t know more than that. No, I\'m not a consultant - consulting on what? And no, I haven\'t made any other enquiries, just this one. Confusing me with someone else? I would appreciate any help anyone could give. My mother and her sisters have been trying to trace the family tree for years and have got stuck. It\'s important to them to know where they came from.
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Graffine

Post by Maurizio »

Hi.
<BR>Could the town be QUINDICI, province of Avellino, Campania region (southern Italy)?
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Graffine

Post by ptimber »

There is a town called Quinciano/Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Graffine

Post by ptimber »

There is a Lucy Graffini born in 1863 in the household of one Schofield. Go to www.family search.com. See if you can get more information from the Family History library nearest your home since the Mormon have a record of this birth and its submitter who may have been a famiuly member. Look Under Lucy Graffini in Ancestry search. Peter