AMALFITANO-SCHALA-LOMBARDI-BALESTRIERI from Ischia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amalfi

AMALFITANO-SCHALA-LOMBARDI-BALESTRIERI from Ischia

Post by Amalfi »

My Gt grandfather Raffaele AMALFITANO was born in Ischia abt 1869. His parents were George AMALFITANO and Caroline SCHALA. He married Raffaele LOMBARDI in 1894 at Barano. Her parents were Davide LOMBARDI and Restituta BALESTRIERI.
My grandfather Giorgio (George) AMALFITANO was born at Barano in 1895, his sister Carolina in 1897 and brother Rocchino in 1900.
That same year, Raffaele came to NZ working as crew aboard an Italian Barque and jumped ship here with 4 other Italian seamen surnames GALATOLA, IACONA, ASSANTE & MONTI.
I would be interested to hear from anyone with connections to the above families from Ischia.
Regards Karen
NZ
piri

Re: AMALFITANO-SCHALA-LOMBARDI-BALESTRIERI from Ischia

Post by piri »

Hi Karen

Your great grand father is also my great grand father, he was my mothers grandfather.

I live in NZ in Rolleston my email address is pirireiri@gmail.com

Regards

Piri
Lisawilson

Re: AMALFITANO-SCHALA-LOMBARDI-BALESTRIERI from Ischia

Post by Lisawilson »

Hi my family are from Casamicciola Ischia mainly. Monti, Aurelio, Zabatta, Matarese, Di Luise, Buonamano, Ferrara, Iacono, Pisano. Family still live in Lacco Ameno. My great grandfather went out to NY around 1904 Vincenzo Monti along with other family members. He lived in Rhode Island in later life and his wife Maria never joined him.
Any contact from related family lines welcome. I have a tree on ancestry.
Incidentally my grandmother came out to NZ with her best friend Tina Lombardi from Ischia.
Lisa
Lisawilson0210@gmail.com