Hi everyone: I found a map on the Internet for the very small (mountain) town I am researching. Across the top of the map it says "Pianta Del Comune". Along the bottom it says "superficio: 25,000 ha (collina interna)". Also, there are many notations along the right side that seem to indicate the Churches in this town. If a Church name has a double SS in it, what does that mean? "Chiesa del SS. Crocifisso" is one of them.
Also, I got a very helpful response to my post in the Locations forum regarding whether or not cars are permitted in this small town of Giuliana. Wldspirit suggested I write an email to the commune and was kind enough to give me the address. Can anyone out there compose a short email for me in Italian so that I can be sure I'm asking the right question. I need to know if I can drive a car around the town since I will be traveling with my elderly mother. Thank you and best regards to all, Julia
Translation help please - email message needed
Re: Translation help please - email message needed
You can write the following email:
Egregio signor Sindaco,
desidero sapere se è possibile girare in automobile dentro il paese di Giuliana.
Vi pongo questa domanda poichè dovrei spostarmi all'interno del paese per accompagnare la mia anziana madre, che ha difficoltànel camminare a piedi.
In attesa di riscontro porgo distinti saluti
Julia
translation:
Dear Mayor,
I would like to know if it is possible to drive by car through the village of Giuliana. I ask this question to you because I need to bring my elderly mother around, who has problems to walk.
I'll wait for you kind reply.
Yours truly
Julia
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Egregio signor Sindaco,
desidero sapere se è possibile girare in automobile dentro il paese di Giuliana.
Vi pongo questa domanda poichè dovrei spostarmi all'interno del paese per accompagnare la mia anziana madre, che ha difficoltànel camminare a piedi.
In attesa di riscontro porgo distinti saluti
Julia
translation:
Dear Mayor,
I would like to know if it is possible to drive by car through the village of Giuliana. I ask this question to you because I need to bring my elderly mother around, who has problems to walk.
I'll wait for you kind reply.
Yours truly
Julia
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Re: Translation help please - email message needed
grazie once again riccardo ... and best regards, Julia

