Crew Lists

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Crew Lists

Post by mahart »

Does anyone know whether Italian Merchant Navy crew lists for the 19th century have been recorded and archived? and if so how would you go about accessing such documents?
Or what about 19th century Italian merchant ships, are their archives for these vessels?
Please help for the skies are grey and weather is cold in Liverpool, actually that is quite the norm.
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Crew Lists

Post by ricbru »

Mark,
I suggest you to contact Archivio Centrale di Stato - Rome, Italy

http://archivi.beniculturali.it/ACS/

bye Riccardo
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

mahart wrote: for the skies are grey and weather is cold in Liverpool, actually that is quite the norm.

THINK SPRING :!:

I'm looking at spring flowers and trees in bloom and grass turning green I love :!: :!:
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

mahart wrote: for the skies are grey and weather is cold in Liverpool, actually that is quite the norm.

THINK SPRING :!:

I'm looking at spring flowers and trees in bloom and grass turning green I love :!: :!:
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

ricbru
Thanks for the web link to Archivio Centrale di Stato - Rome, Italy I shall check it out.

jcsm400
I am trying to envisage spring but the rain and gale force winds are making it difficult. We even had our highest tide for 50 years Friday gone, It was coming over the sea walls and I thought we may have to be evacuated from work but no such luck. Ah I think a wee trip to Venice might just sort this seasonal disorder out.
Thanks
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
venice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by venice »

Can anyone tell me if there are any lists that list\ occupations such as spinners that are available for 1870's
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Do you mean in italian or in english?

Here are a couple posted recently by another forum member:

http://rmhh.co.uk/occup/index.html

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hitch/gendocs/trades.html

and, one with italian occupations with english equivalents:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... ngocc.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
venice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by venice »

Thank you Johnny
BigVee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BigVee »

mahart wrote:Does anyone know whether Italian Merchant Navy crew lists for the 19th century have been recorded and archived? and if so how would you go about accessing such documents?
Or what about 19th century Italian merchant ships, are their archives for these vessels?
Please help for the skies are grey and weather is cold in Liverpool, actually that is quite the norm.
Hi, i have got lots of crew lists from Ancestry...all Italian Merchant navy :)..all from late 1800s up to 1960s...
Hope that helps, Vee

((Weather is pretty grim in London too))