Help with tranlation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Help with tranlation

Post by mahart »

Hi everyone can anyone help tranlate this proposed letter for me?

Hello,

I have complied a request in English for requesting my ancestors military draft records from the Archivio di Stato di Bari below. Please could someone translate this for me into Italian? I would be eternally grateful.
One other question can you enquire with this request by email or do you have to request by mail?

'Dear Gentlemen,

My name is Mark Hart and I live in Liverpool, England at the above stated address. I am searching for information regarding two of my ancestors: Saverio and Maurangelo (Angelo) Palombella, who I believe to be of this region. Saverio was born about 1860 and Maurangelo was born about 1854. I would like to request of you to consult the alphabetical index of military records of draft cards for both Saverio and Maurangelo Palombella. Further to this I would be very grateful to you the information could be mailed to me at the above address.
I thank you beforehand for your kindness and efficiency, and I ask you to charge me for the postal expenses and for the information.
Yours Sincerely.
M.A. Hart
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with tranlation

Post by jcsm400 »

This is a computer generated translation, so not the most accurate, but I haven't had any problems getting information from Italy.

Ciao,
Ho aderito una richiesta in inglese per la richiesta delle mie annotazioni militari della brutta copia degli antenati dai Di Bari del Archivio di Stato qui sotto. Potrebbe qualcuno tradurre prego questo per me in italiano? Sarei eternally riconoscente. Altra una domanda può voi domandare con questa richiesta dal email o dovete chiedere per posta? 'Cari Signori, Il mio nome è cervo maschio del contrassegno e vivo a Liverpool, Inghilterra all'indirizzo sopra dichiarato. Sto cercando le informazioni per quanto riguarda due dei miei antenati: Saverio e Maurangelo (Angelo) Palombella, che credo per essere di questa regione. Saverio è stato sopportato circa 1860 e Maurangelo è stato sopportato circa 1854. Gradirei alla richiesta di voi di consultare l'indice alfabetico delle annotazioni militari delle schede della brutta copia per sia Saverio che Maurangelo Palombella. Più ulteriormente a questo sarei molto riconoscente a voi che le informazioni potrebbero essere spedite a me al suddetto indirizzo. Li ringrazio in anticipo per la vostre bontà ed efficienza e vi chiedo di caricarlo per le spese postali e per le informazioni. I nostri cordiali saluti, your name

Hope it helps. :)
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

Hi,
A translation from a native speaker:

Gentil.mi Signori,

Mi chiamo Mark Hart e vivo a Liverpool (Inghilterra) al suddetto indirizzo. Sto cercando informazioni su due miei antenati: Saverio e Maurangelo (Angelo) Palombella, che io credo fossero della vostra regione. Saverio nacque attorno al 1860 e Maurangelo attorno al 1854. Vi chiederei, se fosse possibile, di consultare l'indice alfabetico dei registri militari o delle liste di arruolamento per entrambi. Inoltre vi sarei veramente grato se decideste di inviarmi le informazioni all'indirizzo che vi ho indicato.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza ed efficienza, vi prego di addebitarmi le eventuali spese postali e di ricerca

Cordiali Saluti
M.A. Hart

Best Regards
Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Thanks Incipit. I was hoping a "native" speaker would come along & translate.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Thank you both this is much appreciated.
Remember if you are ever over in Liverpool UK I owe you both a drink

Regards

Mark
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

jcsm400 wrote:Thanks Incipit. I was hoping a "native" speaker would come along & translate.
:wink:

Regards
Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

If you need help with translation of the reply, you know where to come

When you go to Venice have a margarita for me and "think spring!"

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Thanks for the offer jcsm, and I'm now in spring mode and when I get to Venice I shall have a margarita for you. Just got to get some time off work first, never easy this time of year.

Regards

Mark