Muro Lucano: Anyone With Family From The Area?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Franco29

Muro Lucano: Anyone With Family From The Area?

Post by Franco29 »

Anyone here with family lines leading to Muro Lucano, (province of Potenza)? I've been doing some digging around for my family ties and have come up with some names and dates.
MarshaD

Re: Muro Lucano: Anyone With Family From The Area?

Post by MarshaD »

I realize you posted this 2 years ago, but I just found the Site and saw your post. In any event, my grandfather was born and raised in Muro Lucano. His family had a long history there. The surname is Petraccone and he was born in the late 1800's.
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

Hi Marsha,
Hehe. Yeah, I made that post two years ago. Pleasantly surprised that I finally received a reply. I've been researching my ancestry for several years now, hoping to find some relatives who I can connect with.
My paternal grandfather, Donato Carbonaro, was born in Muro Lucano in 1893. No Petraccone's in my blood as far as I know. I have been able trace back several generations and surnames include Lomonico, Pepe, and Ferracane.
Tz85

Post by Tz85 »

Any Zaccardo's in your family?
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

None that I know of.
gzac

Post by gzac »

I have a lot of family in the area, I am from the Zaccardo family.
Cgriffin100

Post by Cgriffin100 »

Trying to see is Altieri/Pacella relatives from this area
paigealtieri

Post by paigealtieri »

Hi! I know this was from about 3 years ago but I am an Altieri and my 2nd great grandfather Jeremiah Altieri, was born in Muro Lucano in 1867. I am trying to find Altieri ties and am stuck at who his parents were. Any info would be so great! Cgriffin100 I see you are also looking for Altieri ties.
pgerald

Post by pgerald »

gzac wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 12:35 I have a lot of family in the area, I am from the Zaccardo family.
Hey gzac! I was searching this forum through google and noticed that you mention the Zaccardo surname. I believe that surname is in my distant family. I am unsure if my Lisanti family is from Muro Lucano, though it's the best guess I have so far. My great-great-great grandfather was Donato Lisanti (son of Vito Lisanti), born around 1830, somewhere in Potenza. He married Rosa Zaccardo or Zaccagnini (I've seen it both ways in records). According to some reocrds, Rosa's parents were Michele Zaccardo and Maria Pacello. Do those names ring any bells?
Surnames (Potenza): Lisanti, Arcieri, Lapenna, Zaccagnini, Maggia
Surnames (Campania?): DeSena, Mercatante, D'Andrea, Masone, Fucci (last 3 from Pietrelcina)

Paul