Help with translation of death record of great grandmother Maria Bertola Pastore

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Help with translation of death record of great grandmother Maria Bertola Pastore

Post by jrbak »

Good Afternoon,
I am in need of help with the translation of my great grandmother's death record. With the help of Donna, she narrowed the search from 1892-1898 from some records I had recently found. I have placed this information below to help me determine which is the correct record. I think #2, but I am uncertain. Would someone please translate it if it is. Thanks so much.

Her daughter; Enrichetta Pastore, b. 1861, d.1928. Son in law: Luigi Negri
Her daughter: Clementa Pastore, b. abt 1864, d. 1922 Son in law: Clemente Ollearo
Her husband;Ferdinando Pastore, b. abt 1826 d. 1883.
Her father: Giovanni Pastore.
Her mother Maria Borghesio.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... 1292383006

OR

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... 1292383006

Best Regards,
Jefferie (jrbak)
bbivona
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation of death record of great grandmother Maria Bertola Pastore

Post by bbivona »

It doesn't sound like either one is your great grandmother. Record #2, the deceased is a three-year-old. Record #18, the deceased is a 67 year old, but it indicates that she was never married.

January 11, 1896 appeared Leopoldo Bertola, age 34, farmer, domiciled in Piverone, and Giacomo Oliveri, age 62, land owner, domiciled in Piverone, who declared that at 6:30 a.m. today in the home at Caserina Torinello #67, Maria Bertola died, age 3, daughter of Leopoldo (Bertola), farmer, and Serafina Iavaro

August 10, 1892, appeared Giovanni Baratto, age 40, sawyer, domiciled in Piverone, and Savino Siege? Age 30, farmer, domiciled in Piverone, and declared that on August 9, 1892 Maria Pastore died, age 67, farmer, resident of Piverone, daughter of Giuseppe Andrea (Pastore) (deceased) domiciled in life in Piverone, and of Domenica Savarino, deceased, domiciled in life in Piverone. Maria Pastore is shown as a woman who never married (nubile).
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with translation of death record of great grandmother Maria Bertola Pastore

Post by jrbak »

Dear bbviona,
It looks like I am back to the drawing board. A little disappointed as I thought one of these might be her but a three yr. old and the other has no matching names. These are the only ones with her maiden and surname between 1892 and 1898 so I am not sure why I am not finding it. The records of the relatives with these dates that have her living and then deceased state resided in Piverone or I would have thought I had the wrong commune. They all have lived in Piverone too. Any ideas?
Thank you so very much!! Thank you for the translations although I did not expect it. I am very grateful.
Jefferie (jrbak)
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with translation of death record of 2nd great grandmother Maria Bertola Pastore

Post by jrbak »

Hi again,
Could she have died in a hospital and that is why I am not finding the record?
Jefferie (jrbak)
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with translation of death record of 2nd great grandmother Maria Bertola Pastore

Post by jrbak »

Hi,
This is my second great grandmother;made a mistake on the other posts.
Jefferie (jrbak)
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

This is my 2nd great grandmother. First post is incorrect.
Jefferie
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

jrbak wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 19:40 Hi again,
Could she have died in a hospital and that is why I am not finding the record?
Jefferie (jrbak)
There would still be a record if she died in a hospital. Also, if she died in another town, typically the record would be recorded in the town of death and also transcribed into the record in her home town. Only if she moved away permanently would they not record the death in her home town.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

Thank you bbviona for your explanations. These are so helpful as I learn from them.
Sincerely,
Jefferie (jrbak)