1948 Case Documents Question

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
MMB1980

1948 Case Documents Question

Post by MMB1980 »

Hi all! This may already have been answered somewhere here, but I want to make absolutely sure I'm not missing a step. I am assisting my husband/ his mom in getting their case underway with Massimiliano Castellari. I've been working on collecting up all the paperwork for quite a long time now. The framework is:

GGF born in Italy, naturalized in 1917

GM born in US prior to GGF naturalizing

M born in the US in 1945

The lawyer has already confirmed that the documentation looks good, but I have two technical questions about what I'm going to be shipping over to Italy:

- Regarding apostilles, are they only required on the English versions of the documents, or do I need to have apostilles on the certified translations as well?

- Is translation required on the Naturalization record as well? Or just on the birth/ death/ marriage documents?

Thanks in advance!!!
sacgirl563

Re: 1948 Case Documents Question

Post by sacgirl563 »

Hi there! I know this is an older post so I hope by now you’ve found the answers you needed to proceed with your case. If you don’t mind, I would love to hear about your experience with your attorney. I’m considering hiring Avv Castellari’s firm to represent our family’s 1948 case but I haven’t found any reviews as of yet. I get a good vibe from speaking with him but trying to do my due diligence before committing.
Thanks in advance!
Bel8

Re: 1948 Case Documents Question

Post by Bel8 »

Hello,

I am also looking at hiring Avv Castellari did either of you appoint him for a 1948 case? I would be interested in learning about your experience with him. Also, is he actually based in Italy?

Thank you!