Visca family - Turin

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nannyogg

Visca family - Turin

Post by nannyogg »

I am trying to trace the Italian part of my family tree, but would be grateful if someone could tell me the best place to start.

I have limited information about my grandmother - she was born on 4th September 1902 in Turin - her fathers name was Carlos Visca(although her maiden name is spelt Viscar on my fathers birth certificate). She moved to England sometime before 1928 as she was married in this year in London. The only other information I have is that she came from a large family and that when she married in 1928 her marriage certificated states that her father was deceased.

Many thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Whern you say Torino I have to asume you mean the city itself and not the province of Torino. Am I correct? There are 24 persopns in the city of Torino surnamed Visca and may very well be rerlated to you. Since your information is limited, the best thing here is to compose one letter in Italian (go to language dept of a local school or university) and asking if they are related to her. Send to all 24 with a self addressed envelope and the equivalent of a US1.00 bill for stamps to encourage a reply. Go to www.paginebianche.it and pur VISDCA in ther first line and Torino in the third line and click CEFCA (RED color) and a listing of the 24 persons (some may be business establishments so yoiu can discount them). Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sorry for the typo's CISCA in the first lineand CERCA (in rfed). Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sorry for the typo's Visca in the first line and CERCA (in red). Peter :oops: