Forge Italy???

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mary76114

Forge Italy???

Post by mary76114 »

I am researching my grandparents Joseph Grottola and Maria Muna and was told my grandfather came from Forge Italy. Is there such a place and if not one that sounds like it??? Am haveing a terrible time with this side of the family since all my aunts and my mother are old and can\'t remember alot. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Mary
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Forge Italy???

Post by ptimber »

It is proabably Foggia i which is a provincial capital in the Puglia region of Southern Italy just north of Bari which is another provincial capital in the same region. Please try to come up with the town of origin since that is where all documents are stored. Did you go to the www.ellisisland,org website for particular information as to year of birth and place of birth when they immigated into the USA?? Please advise. Peter
mary76114

Forge Italy???

Post by mary76114 »

I haven\'t checked with Ellis Island because I\'m not to sure thats where they came in from. I know they were in Maine in 1918 then moved to New York later. Would they still be listed at Ellis Island even if thats not where they came in? In the 1920 Cencus they have birth years listed as 1890 for my grandfather and 1895 for my grandmother. Thanks for all help. Mary
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Forge Italy???

Post by ptimber »

Therfe is only one record in ellis island for Maria muna and thats for 1911 and she has a birth date of 1892 so that does not appear to be yhour Maria Muna since her age and time of entry are different. File form 81 passenger arrival record with NARA for all ports in the USA. Documents in Italy are in the town of origin and you eed full name, year of birth and town of origin for anything in Italy. sorry. Peter
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Forge Italy???

Post by Edmondo »

<!-- BBCode Start --><B>Forge Vecchie</B><!-- BBCode End --> is a frazione of Rende (Cosenza)
<BR>
<BR>I soon hope to publish a new (soundex) searchable database with ALL towns and frazioni of Italy. An option in the new database will be pictures of the town, web url and available e-mail addresses.
<BR>
<BR>Donations to support this new project are welcome !!!
<BR>
<BR>
Tandem fit surculus arbor
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Did anyone in youir family ever mention if your family came from Calabria or did they mention some other region of Italy??? Peter