Members living in Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Members living in Italy

Post by PippoM »

Quelli a destra devono essere quelli che al paese di mia moglie chiamano "torciglioni"
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi everyone

I'm writing from northern Lombardy, in a province that until now has not been hit so hard as others more densely populated areas, but that is still at risk.
De facto quarantined, on account of my age: so no more research in archives, no more volunteering (I helped foreign-born students who had difficulties in Italian schools) and no more babysitting of grandchildren, who are at home with their parents, whose workplaces are now closed or operating from remote
That leaves me a lot of time, for praying, reading, gardening and also for this forum, that I had neglected in the last months.
So if can be of help with translations....I'm here
And remember take care and stay safe!
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

PippoM wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 11:10 Quelli a destra devono essere quelli che al paese di mia moglie chiamano "torciglioni"
Qui li chiamano "tani".
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

To all of my dear friends in the US and Italy,

I have been praying for each of you daily even though I have not been on the forum recently. I am so saddened by this dreadful disease that has been so devastating to your families, friends and neighbors. I cannot even fathom what each of you especially in Italy has had to go through; I do know that God is in control and each day we must all rely on Him for solace during this time. We are just now starting to see greater numbers of this virus in the US and cannot yet even contemplate any return to what we term normalcy. I have been thinking of my friends, Mmogno and Pippo as I know you are in Italy, and continue to pray that you will be safe and well. My heart is full of empathy for all of you near and far and if I can help in any way, especially through intercessory prayer, please let me know.

With Fondness to all,
Jefferie (jrbak)
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Thank you, Jefferie, for your kind words and thoughts.

Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Primo Mattino »

I live in a small village on the shore of the Ionian Sea on the most southern part of the mainland. There has not been one case of the bug in our village. The supermarkets have everything one needs. Everyday I take a walk on the beach and a dive in the sea. The only disadvantage for me is that the archives of Reggio Calabria are closed, but I have still hundreds of thousands of pictures to be indexed so until now I do not complain.
CiaoBella1313
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CiaoBella1313 »

Salve,

How is everyone doing? In the US, we don't hear much about Italy anymore.

Buona salute a tutti

Still praying
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Hi,
here in Roma, things are getting better.
To give you an example, there were 22 new cases, and 4 deaths, yesterday.
We can go out for a walk, or to see relatives, even in the same "region".
From next week, it's likely that shops (and bars, and restaurants) will be open, so a lot of people will be back to work. Of course, there are a lot of limits to all activities, but we are slowly turning to normality.
In the North, particularly in Lombardia, they still have a lot of new cases, though the rules are the same all over Italy, and that takes some trouble among the various areas of the country.
Thank you for your prayers.