Hi all!
I have exhausted every single avenue for years in the US. The best information I have on my great grandfather is his name and birthdate, his fathers name, and his brothers name.
Lorenzo Dello Iacovo born Oct 1872 According to US records
His father was Guiseppe.
Lorenzo married a Raffela
They lived in San Leucio del sannio Benevento, Italy
2 of their children were born there, Guiseppe (Aug 16, 1905) Angelica (May 1 1904)
He had a brother Pellegrino.
Is the search over from there? I have no idea where I could find information about his family. And his Wife, Raffela. Her last name was Izzi I think.
I have the birth announcment of his two children, but it doesn’t give much info other than the city, San Leucio, and a street.
Where do I begin in Italy?
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
Angelica's birth record indicates she was born on 28 April, not 1 May. The mother's name was Raffaela Izzo. Lorenzo is given as age 40.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
I did not see his birth record in this town from 1860-1875, however 1872 appears to have been destroyed by water damage (lucky you). There is, however, a record for Pellegrino del Iacovo born on 16 Feb 1870 to parents Giuseppe del Iacovo (son of deceased Pellegrino), age 24, and Angelica Calandro, 22, daughter of deceased Pellegrino Calandro. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
I did not see his birth record in this town from 1860-1875, however 1872 appears to have been destroyed by water damage (lucky you). There is, however, a record for Pellegrino del Iacovo born on 16 Feb 1870 to parents Giuseppe del Iacovo (son of deceased Pellegrino), age 24, and Angelica Calandro, 22, daughter of deceased Pellegrino Calandro. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
You are incredible! Thank you!!
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
The Pellegrino I have has a birthdate of Jan 18 1875. I do not know where that came from. So many dates and years seem to be off. I sure wish I could read those papers. That information is priceless!
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
Also, is there any way to find out about the marriage of Lorenzo and Raffaella? And also if Lorenzo had any other siblings besides Pellegrino? I wish I read Italian.
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
Birth date discrepancies are not uncommon. You aren't missing very much information from the records, they are all in a standardized format with mostly 'records-speak'; the only genealogically relevant information will typically be parents, date, sponsors, occupations, and an address. Considering Lorenzo named his daughter Angelica, I'd say the parents being Giuseppe & Angelica are a good bet.
Availability of records for this town doesn't look very good. I don't think marriages in the period you need are available, unless they can be found somewhere else.
Here is a record for a Raffaela Izzo, born 8 Mar 1877 to parents Felice Izzo, 50, and Giuseppa Perillo, 36. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Without knowing a little more you won't be able to be 100% certain that this is the correct one but it is the only one by this name I've found so far.
I see no other births to the couple Lorenzo del Iacovo and Raffaela Izzo from 1889-1915 (no del Iacovo births at all, actually). The period 1905-1909 is missing, and so is 1896.
Another sibling of Lorenzo (assuming the Giuseppe and Angelica are his parents):
Feliciano del Iacovo, born 11 Oct 1877 to Giuseppe dello Iacovo, 28, and Angelica Colandro, 28
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
And another Pellegrino that should be more familiar to you:
Pellegrino del Iacovo, born 10 Jan 1875, parents Giuseppe del Iacovo, 27, and Angelica Colandro
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
I take it that the first Pellegrino del Iacovo likely died in his infancy.
Availability of records for this town doesn't look very good. I don't think marriages in the period you need are available, unless they can be found somewhere else.
Here is a record for a Raffaela Izzo, born 8 Mar 1877 to parents Felice Izzo, 50, and Giuseppa Perillo, 36. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Without knowing a little more you won't be able to be 100% certain that this is the correct one but it is the only one by this name I've found so far.
I see no other births to the couple Lorenzo del Iacovo and Raffaela Izzo from 1889-1915 (no del Iacovo births at all, actually). The period 1905-1909 is missing, and so is 1896.
Another sibling of Lorenzo (assuming the Giuseppe and Angelica are his parents):
Feliciano del Iacovo, born 11 Oct 1877 to Giuseppe dello Iacovo, 28, and Angelica Colandro, 28
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
And another Pellegrino that should be more familiar to you:
Pellegrino del Iacovo, born 10 Jan 1875, parents Giuseppe del Iacovo, 27, and Angelica Colandro
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
I take it that the first Pellegrino del Iacovo likely died in his infancy.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
Oh my goodness! Thank you SO much! That really is a wealth of information. I have been trying to read the site, but not knowing the Italian language has been a huge obstacle!
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
One last thing, if you dont mind. Was there a Carmela Maria Dello Iacovo born April 6, 1883 to Angelica and Guiseppe?
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
No, I don't see anyone with this name. In 1884 they had a daughter Luisa born 7 April. The births for 1881 are missing, maybe they had a daughter this year. Another Feliciano born 15 July 1879, probably the same situation as with Pellegrino where the first infant likely died.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
-
DelloIacovo
- Rookie

- Posts: 28
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 15:02
Re: Where do I begin in Italy?
Thank you!
