Family Tree help, Dodero, Maritano from Sant Antonino di Susa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Jarnn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Jan 2020, 20:16

Family Tree help, Dodero, Maritano from Sant Antonino di Susa

Post by Jarnn »

Hi everyone, new member, first post and looking to tap into your wealth of knowledge and experience to help me unlock a door in my Family Tree search :)

My Name is John and I am trying to trace information on my ancestors and possible descendants who lived in the town of Sant'Antonino di Susa.

Members of the family emigrated to the US and Scotland in the early 1900's with one setting up home in Illinois, US and the other in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Any help in locating documents, information, living relatives and even graves would be very welcome and much appreciated. I have managed to get some records from the Offices in the town but am on hold there now waiting on staff becoming available. I have birth and marriage info for Amalia and Cirillo but nothing for their parents or whether they had other siblings.

The town they came from /lived in: Sant Antonino di Susa

My great great grandparents lived there in late 1800's and early 1900's from what I have discovered.

Their names were - Felice Dodero - a locomotive driver and Domencia Carolina Maritano

Two of their children I know of...

Amalia Adele Dodero - b 27th July 1883, married Rocco Giovanni Cometto -1906, had two children, Livio Cirillo and Eva Vittorina before they moved to live in America.

Cirillo Effisio Antonio Dodero - b 8th Sept 1880, moved to Scotland and was known as Charles Dodero, worked as a miner and married Jemima Edmund Dodero in Scotland and had four children. I have details / records from Scottish records.

I know it is a long shot but thought it was worth a go,
many thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give,
John
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Family Tree help, Dodero, Maritano from Sant Antonino di Susa

Post by Italysearcher »

There are some records available at www.familysearch.org but it looks like you will need to request copies from the town itself.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Family Tree help, Dodero, Maritano from Sant Antonino di Susa

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Jarnn wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 20:57
Two of their children I know of...

Amalia Adele Dodero - b 27th July 1883, married Rocco Giovanni Cometto -1906, had two children, Livio Cirillo and Eva Vittorina before they moved to live in America.

Cirillo Effisio Antonio Dodero - b 8th Sept 1880, moved to Scotland and was known as Charles Dodero, worked as a miner and married Jemima Edmund Dodero in Scotland and had four children. I have details / records from Scottish records.

I know it is a long shot but thought it was worth a go,
many thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give,
John


Birth No 36: Amalia Adele Dodero, daughter of Felice Dodero and Domenica Maritano

Side Note: Marries with Rocco Giovanni Cometto on 23 September 1906 in S.Antonino

Father, Felice Dodero was 29 yo, contadino (peasant), living in Sant'Antonino di Susa, with his wife Domenica Maritano, a contadina. Amalia Adele was born at 3 am on 27 June 1883 in the house in Borgata Maisonetta, No 29. The baby was presented to the official and given the name Amalia Adele.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1019419

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Family Tree help, Dodero, Maritano from Sant Antonino di Susa

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Jarnn wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 20:57
The town they came from /lived in: Sant Antonino di Susa

My great great grandparents lived there in late 1800's and early 1900's from what I have discovered.

Their names were - Felice Dodero - a locomotive driver and Domencia Carolina Maritano

Two of their children I know of...

Amalia Adele Dodero - b 27th July 1883, married Rocco Giovanni Cometto -1906, had two children, Livio Cirillo and Eva Vittorina before they moved to live in America.

Cirillo Effisio Antonio Dodero - b 8th Sept 1880, moved to Scotland and was known as Charles Dodero, worked as a miner and married Jemima Edmund Dodero in Scotland and had four children. I have details / records from Scottish records.

I know it is a long shot but thought it was worth a go,
many thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give,
John



Birth No 54: Cirillo, Efiscio, Antonio Dodero
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1019419

Let me know if you need this translated.

Angela
Post Reply