Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
hello.
I am in search of the address for the stato civile office for Sciacca, Sicilia. Unfortunately this address is very hard for me to find via internet. This office may not yet be having a webpage. I have found many other towns and cities listed, but not Sciacca, which is the one that i need.
Thank you for your help.
Just in case you are looking for Birth, Marriage, and Death Records of your ancestors, the Family History Center does have microfim for the town of Siaccia. The film costs $5.75 a roll. I've done research for this town and the microfilms are in good condition. Here is the link for the film numbers.
During the mass emigration from Italy during the century between 1876 to 1976, the U.S. was the largest single recipient of Italian immigrants in the world. However, their impact was not as great as countries like Argentina and Brazil. That was due to the fact that hundreds of thousands of immigrant...