Marriage Record of Great Grandparents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Marriage Record of Great Grandparents

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I have been trying to find the death record of my great-great grandmother, Vennera Matafu' for years. A distant cousin from Mendoza, Argentina just recently found me. She had information on the sons of Vennera Matafu who moved to Argentina. So, through more information that was recently brought to ligh,t I am now, again on the search for the death record for my great-great-grandmother. I found the marriage record of her daughter, Carmela, Cappadona along with other children. I did notice that on that marriage record, Vennera was already deceased and the record said living in __________? I thought that if I can search the death records of that commune I might find her death record. However, I cannot understand the writing. I am posting the link to the marriage record of Rosario Incognito and Carmela Cappadona. Can anyone help me decipher the name of the commune that the late Vennera Matafu' resided?

Here is the link:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858

This might be the clue that will break down the brick wall for her death! I thank you in advance for any assistance.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
cedrone
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record of Great Grandparents

Post by cedrone »

Marriage of 2 September 1886 in Patti:

Rosario Incognito, 30 yo, farmer, born in Gioiosa Marea, living in Patti, son of unknown parents;

Carmela Cappadona, 18 yo, born in Librizzi, living in Montagnareale, daughter of Carmelo, living in Montagnareale, and deceased Vennera Matafù, that was living in Messina.

All these comuni are in the province of Messina.

So there should be a birth act in records of Messina of 1868 (circa) ,if she was born there.
But it's better to look first at the allegati of this marriage, there should be a copy of the death act. I try to look if they are available.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

The allegati of marriages (publications) of this year are not present and it seems that the mother's death act was not necessary, but I found the pubblicazioni, in the collection of Patti, Matrimoni, pubblicazioni, 1872-1910, page 723: link (hoping it works) :

There is a new info. Rosario had a previous marriage with Carmela Sciammetta, who died in Patti on 2/11/1885.

There remain to search in the registers of Messina. Probably there are birth, marriage and death of Vennera. Best wishes.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you so very much! I had no idea there was a previous marriage of my great-grandfather, Rosario Incoginito.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you so very much! I had no idea there was a previous marriage of my great-grandfather, Rosario Incoginito.

Sue Antista

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

I found the birth act of Carmela Cappadona
born 31/8/1867 in Librizzi
daughter of Carmelo Cappadona, 28 yo, farmer and Vennera Matafú, daughter of Francesco.
Witnesses: Pietro Adamo and Carmelo Gregorio.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

I looked for the death act of Carmela Sciammetta but the register of Patti 1885 is missing on Family Search.
Looked also for the first marriage of Rosario, not found in Patti nor Montagnareale.