Mingoia / Butera / Piazza / Di Domenico

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Misswinz77

Mingoia / Butera / Piazza / Di Domenico

Post by Misswinz77 »

I have been slowly piecing together my family tree. I can use some help. I know that my Great-Great Grandparents came from Sicily.

This is what I know about the Mingoia side: Antonina DiDomenico (born in 1875) married Salvatore Mingoia (born in 1874). They immegrated to the USA between 1913 and 1915 from Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicily. They had 3 sons, all born in Sicily. Anthony, Gaspare and Samuel (Salvadore born 1902). Salvadore grew up and married Anna Butera.

Anna Butera's parents were Samuel Butera (born 1881) and Josephine (Giuseppa) Piazza (born 1886).

Samuel Butera's father was Guiseppe Butera (born 1849).

It is believed that Josephine's parents were Anthony and Rose Piazza.

I would love to learn more about my family but am unsure where to look at this point.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Mingoia / Butera / Piazza / Di Domenico

Post by PippoM »

Hello, and welcome!
Do you already have birth/marriage records for such people?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Is Samuel Butera born in Trabia with his wife?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Is this him
INDEX#17
1881 Jan 23rd birth in town of Trabia house on via Varnisi Salvatore Butera son of Giuseppe Butera not present at birth of child and his wife Antonina Sofo presented by midwife Maria Langaglia age 40

PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=458709

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Misswinz77

Post by Misswinz77 »

We do not have any official records yet. Not even sure how to go about that.

I will show this link to my aunt. She is working on this with me. The 1st names are so common!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#35
Heres the marriage record 1906 Sept 29th in Trabia Salvatore Butera age 25 born in Trabia son of Antonino Butera and Antonina Saso marry Giuseppa Piazza age 20 born in Trabia daughter of Antonio Piazza and Rosa Piazza

PG LINK

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1906 marriage allegati of Salvatore Butera and Giuseppa Piazza
PG LINK

Birth extract
INDEX#17
1881 Jan 23rd birth in town of Trabia house on via Varnisi Salvatore Butera son of Giuseppe Butera not present at birth of child and his wife Antonina Sofo presented by midwife Maria Langaglia age 40

PG LINK

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth extract of Giuseppa Piazza
INDEX#202
1885 Oct 5th Giuseppa Piazza born in Trabia daughter of Antonio Piazza and Rosa Piazza

PG LINK

Marty

Marty
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Adelfio, I believe they are also in my tree ! PM me if you have time.
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
DiMare

Post by DiMare »

Salvatore Mingola and Antonia DiDomenico immigrated to New York on 12 Oct 1899. The ships name was Ems.They came from Sicily to Genoa . They were headed to Monogalola, PA where Salvatore's brother Antonio lived. The US Census for 1940 for McKeesport PA lists Antonia living with Antonio as husband and wife. therefore Salvatore must of died sometime before this census. Also another immigration arrival in New York took place on 15 July 1914 from Palermo, Sicily. Ship name was Taermia.
Children: Giuseppe B 1902 D 31 Dec 1903, Salvatore B 1902, Giuseppe B 5 Aug 1905 D 1905, Antonio B 1908. Information from Family search.

Bob (my grandmother was Vicenza DiDomenico from Augusta, Sicily.)
San Francisco
kleocatra

Post by kleocatra »

I was searching for Mingoia Naturalization and found this. Seems he moved to Cleveland at one point if it is the same Antonio Mingoia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kleocatra

Post by kleocatra »

Starting on Line 22 on down might be the people you are looking for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Misswinz77

Post by Misswinz77 »

I am sorry it has been so long since I have been on. I want to thank everyone for their help. I am excited to look at all the comments, documents and links you all have provided. Thank you!
Misswinz77

Post by Misswinz77 »

Thank you again. The info has been helpful. I am happy to be able to add where the Butera side of my family lived in Sicily. As well as seeing the marriage and birth certificates. I am grateful to you all!
Misswinz77

Post by Misswinz77 »

I have made quite some progress on every side of my family tree (going back to early/mid 1700's) except for the Mingoia side. I am still stuck at Samuel (Salvator) Mingoia b. 1874 and Antonina DiDomenica/Domingo b. 1875. They are my Great-Great Grandparents. They immigrated to the USA between 1913 and 1915 from Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicily. They had 3 sons, all born in Sicily. Anthony, Gaspare and Samuel (Salvadore born 1902). Salvadore grew up and married Anna Butera.